← Flash Cards May 17 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Nile River
- a Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries; international cartel that inflates price of oil by limiting supply; Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and UAE are prominent members
- b People who dominated Southern Mesopotamia through the end of the 3rd Millennium BCE. Responsible for the creation of irrigation technology, cunieform, and religious conceptions.
- c a military dictatorship in northern Africa on the Mediterranean
- d an autocracy governed by a monarch who usually inherits the authority
- e the world's longest river (4180 miles)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- extensive plain without trees (associated with eastern Russia and Siberia)
- the monotheistic religion of the Jews having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Torah and in the Talmud
- does not contain any saltwater and can be rivers, lakes, streams,ponds, and wetlands
- Huge stores of underground water
- Mountain range in Central Asia. It meets the Karakoram and Himalaya from the West to complete a wall of mountains between the subcontinet and the rest of Asia.
5 True/False Questions
Euphrates Rivers → a river in Southwest Asia
Arabia → a military dictatorship in northern Africa on the Mediterranean
Baghdad → A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf where Islam origniated and the Muslim empires had their beginnings.
Kazahkstan → -9th largest country by size
-very rich in terms of oil, gas, coal
-Aerol Sea: greatest environmental disaster
-Baykahr cosmodrome: launching site
Distillation → The process of taking salt out of salt water and making it potable