6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- If there are no interconnected pores in the rock, it is ___________.
- A material in which something else is enclosed or embedded.
- Similar to conglomerate except the fragments are sharp and angular.
- A solid material in the earth's crust.
- Usually these spaces are interconnected, allowing the sandstone to be highly _________.
5 True/False questions
sedimentary rock → The sediments are compacted under great pressure, possibly accompanied by high temperatures, resulting in __________ ____.
conglomerate → The coarsest grade of clastic sedimentary rock.
metamorphic rocks → Changes in the original igneous and sedimentary rock types produce ___________ _____.
petrology → These scientists study rocks.
nonclastic → Chemical, or __________.