5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Key truth developed in Hebrews
- Theme of Jeremiah
- Distinguishing feature of Obadiah
- Theme of Lamentations
- a a dirge (funeral song) for Jerusalem's fall.
- b Judgment on Edom (decedents of Esau) for their cruel treatment of Israel their brother
- c Judah's approaching downfall: a divine judgment
- d Book as an acrostic poem
- e better - Christ is better than the OT pictures
5 Multiple choice questions
- Christ covers completely - How to live knowing Christ is the only and all-sufficient Savior.
- God is still with us! Let's look forward to Christ.
- Jehovah's controversy with capital cities (ch 1&2), the rulers (ch 3-5), & the people (ch 6-7
- Speaks of a severe plague of locusts and a severe drought
- The just shall live by his faith. (2:4)
5 True/False questions
Key truth developed in I Thessalonians → Hope in persecution - future hope of the coming again of Christ
Distinguishing feature of Haggai → took a wife of whoredoms as a picture of how God has chosen Israel/the Church as His wife
Distinguishing feature of Zephaniah → Series of 8 night visions which the prophet saw revealing the future glory of Zion and of its Shepherd-King.
Key truth developed in Romans → Justice - Salvation is by sovereign grace alone; obedience of the law can not make us righteous before God.
Key truth developed in II Timothy → The pastor - public worship and proper organization of the church.