5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Distinguishing feature of Nahum
- Distinguishing feature of Hosea
- Key truth developed in I Thessalonians
- Theme of Lamentations
- Key truth developed in II Thessalonians
- a Patient sober waiting - Things that must happen before the second coming of Christ
- b took a wife of whoredoms as a picture of how God has chosen Israel/the Church as His wife
- c a dirge (funeral song) for Jerusalem's fall.
- d Hope in persecution - future hope of the coming again of Christ
- e Jehovah's Vengeance and Goodness revealed in Nineveh's overthrow.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Judgment on Edom (decedents of Esau) for their cruel treatment of Israel their brother
- The pastor - public worship and proper organization of the church.
- "Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, And I hated Esau"
- Rebuked the people for not rebuilding the temple.
- Justice - Salvation is by sovereign grace alone; obedience of the law can not make us righteous before God.
5 True/False Questions
Key truth developed in II Timothy → The pastor - importance of sound doctrine in the church
Distinguishing feature of Micah → Sent to preach judgment on Nineveh, capital of Israel's enemy, Assyria
Distinguishing feature of Joel → Speaks of a severe plague of locusts and a severe drought
Theme of Isaiah → Salvation is of Jehovah
Theme of Ezekiel → God's sovereignty and care of His church while living among the raging nations.