5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Distinguishing feature of Jonah
- Key truth developed in II Timothy
- theme of Daniel
- Distinguishing feature of Nahum
- a Sent to preach judgment on Nineveh, capital of Israel's enemy, Assyria
- b book filled with brilliant imagery
- c God's sovereignty and care of His church while living among the raging nations.
- d Jehovah's Vengeance and Goodness revealed in Nineveh's overthrow.
- e The pastor - importance of sound doctrine in the church
5 Multiple choice questions
- took a wife of whoredoms as a picture of how God has chosen Israel/the Church as His wife
- Speaks of a severe plague of locusts and a severe drought
- a dirge (funeral song) for Jerusalem's fall.
- Folly of going back to OT pictures - True gospel of justification by faith, not justification by obeying laws
- Justice - Salvation is by sovereign grace alone; obedience of the law can not make us righteous before God.
5 True/False questions
Key truth developed in I Corinthians → Party-strife - authority of apostles
Distinguishing feature of Micah → Sent to preach judgment on Nineveh, capital of Israel's enemy, Assyria
Key truth developed in I Thessalonians → Patient sober waiting - Things that must happen before the second coming of Christ
Theme of Jeremiah → Judah's approaching downfall: a divine judgment
Distinguishing feature of Zechariah → Speaks of "The day of the Lord," "The great day of the Lord," & "The day of the Lord's wrath."