5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What migration trend was caused by the mechanization of farming?
- Greater and Lesser Antilles
- a type of tropical storms that bring in heavy rain, high seas, and violent winds
- b Growing the same crop on the same field year after year
- c control by a powerful country of its former colonies (or other less developed countries) by economic pressures
- d three island groups that form the West Indies
- e rural to urban
5 Multiple choice questions
- encouraged the abolishment of the caste system
- most colonial governments began to free their slaves
- the degree of direct linkage between one particular location and other locations in a transport network
- Net migration from urban to rural areas in more developed countries.
- International organization that regulates international trade.
5 True/False questions
areal differentiation → the geographic description and explanation of spatial differences on Earth's surface; this includes physical as well as human patterns
Maquiladoras → The term given to zones in northern Mexico with factories supplying manufactured goods to the U.S. market. The low-wage workers in the primarily foreign-owned factories assemble imported components and/or raw materials and then export finished goods.
outsourcing → utilizing external resources
Neoliberalism → control by a powerful country of its former colonies (or other less developed countries) by economic pressures
Phase 5 US migration → Latin America & Asia