5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What migration trend was caused by the mechanization of farming?
- fair trade
- Indentured Labor
- Greater and Lesser Antilles
- a labor under contract to an employer for a fixed period of time, typically three to seven years, in exchange for their transportation, food, clothing, lodging and other necessities
- b three island groups that form the West Indies
- c products are made and traded according to standards that protect workers and small businesses in LDCs
- d rural to urban
- e The term given to zones in northern Mexico with factories supplying manufactured goods to the U.S. market. The low-wage workers in the primarily foreign-owned factories assemble imported components and/or raw materials and then export finished goods.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the degree of direct linkage between one particular location and other locations in a transport network
- global businesses that affect the environment in ways such as it limits natural resources
- A large and fundmental division within a religion
- a concept that explores the contradictory position of the Caribbean states, which are physically close to North America and economically dependent upon that region. Caribbean isolation fosters strong loyalties to locality and limited economic opportunity
- Factories built by US companies in Mexico near the US border to take advantage of much lower labor costs in Mexico.
5 True/False Questions
Capital Leakage → the huge gap between gross receipts and the total tourist dollars that remain in the Caribbean
group of 8 → A group of eight countries that coordinate policies in an effort to influence exchange rates [U.S., Canada, Britain, France, Italy, Germany, Japan, and Russia].
Phase 1 US migration → England & Africa (1800-1820)
LDC stands for → a group of religious congregations having its own organization and a distinctive faith
indentured labor → labor under contract to an employer for a fixed period of time, typically three to seven years, in exchange for their transportation, food, clothing, lodging and other necessities