5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Credit Cards
- Capital gain
- a Not true money! When you use a credit card, you are borrowing money from a company and will pay it back later
- b Money made from selling stocks for more money than what you bought them for.
This is one way stockholders earn money from investing in stocks
- c A business owned by 2 or more people.
-10% of today's businesses are partnerships
-There are 2 types of partnerships
1) General partnerships - each partner makes decisions and is legally responsible
2) Limited partnerships - some partner does not make decisions and is not legally responsible
Partnerships used to be sole proprietorships
- d A license to become a corporation
- e Shares of ownership in a corporation
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A way of making economic choices and decisions. Every country has an economic system.
- Shares of a company's profits paid to stock holders 2-4 times a year.
*This is one way to make money from investing in stocks
- A certificate promising to repay borrowed money with interest
-There are 2 types of bonds - corporate and municipal/government bonds
*Bonds are a safer investment than stocks
- It must be easy to break money into smaller units
- People who buy stock
5 True/False Questions
Socialism → Takes ideas from communism and market economy and combines them.
Socialism supports that central planning from the government is needed and in public ownership of business like in a communist society. Socialist governments are democratic like in a market economy.
Checks → Shares of ownership in a corporation
Money has 3 jobs:
1) Money is a standard value → People use money to measure the value of something
Travelor's checks → Checks represent money in a checking account that is stored at the bank. This type of money is representative
Money must be HARD TO COUNTERFEIT → Money must last a long time