5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Shareholder / Stockholder
- Money has 3 jobs:
1) Money is a standard value
- Credit Cards
- Money must be DIVISIBLE
- a Not true money! When you use a credit card, you are borrowing money from a company and will pay it back later
- b It must be easy to break money into smaller units
- c Shares of ownership in a corporation
- d People use money to measure the value of something
- e People who buy stock
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Another word for stocks and bonds
- A certificate promising to repay borrowed money with interest
-There are 2 types of bonds - corporate and municipal/government bonds
*Bonds are a safer investment than stocks
- The object used for money stands for something else that has value
- Something of value that a borrower gives a lender as a guarantee that the loan will be repaid.
Example: House or car
- Money must be easy to carry around
5 True/False Questions
Market Economy → People used to trade objects or services directly for other objects and services
Karl Marx → Father of Communism
Wanted a command economy that would favor workers, not rulers. All property would be jointly owned by all people. Everyone would be equal in power, wealth, and rights.
Money must be DURABLE → Money must be easy to carry around
Stock certificate → A place where stocks and bonds (also called securities) are bought & sold.
The New York Stock Exchange is the largest in the world.
Travelor's checks → A special kind of check that represents money in a bank or large company. They are sold for face value with an extra fee, but they will be replaced if lost or stolen