5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Paul's mother
- Haie Westhus
- a dying of cancer; brings out emotions in Paul. Bakes pancakes for Paul.
- b wants to serve full time in the army after the war ends. was a peat-digger before the war. very large.
- c man who come back from the dying room
- d Patient in the hospital where Kropp and Paul go. His wife comes to visit him and they have sex while everyone is turned around.
- e Very thin and hungry all the time. Has a huge grude against Corporal Himelstoss. Had a bed-wetting problem in training camp.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- someone who attemps to save or kill a wounded dog but dies from his wound in the thigh
- Homesick a lot due to his wife and family at home. Loves animals.
- first to have sex out of Paul's friends
- One of Paul's best friend in the army; always is the one to find food or clothing when his group is in need. dies from a splinter in the head (shrapnel)
- French soldier that Paul stabs in No-Mans Land and later feels very bad about. Has a wife and daughter at home.
5 True/False Questions
Mittelstaedt → noncommissioned training officer that thinks he has power over everyone. Torments Paul and his friends.
Ginger → someone who attemps to save or kill a wounded dog but dies from his wound in the thigh
French brunette → must have leg amputated after suffering a wound. Dies early on in the novel. Many people want his boots.
Sergeant Oellrich → must have leg amputated after suffering a wound. Dies early on in the novel. Many people want his boots.
Himmelstoss → Becomes a training officer and torments Kantorek when Kantorek must join the army.