5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Franz Kemmerich
- Paul's mother
- Gerard Duval
- a dying of cancer; brings out emotions in Paul. Bakes pancakes for Paul.
- b really wants Kammerich's boots when Kammerich is dying. Very practical; in Paul's group
- c Becomes a training officer and torments Kantorek when Kantorek must join the army.
- d French soldier that Paul stabs in No-Mans Land and later feels very bad about. Has a wife and daughter at home.
- e must have leg amputated after suffering a wound. Dies early on in the novel. Many people want his boots.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Very thin and hungry all the time. Has a huge grude against Corporal Himelstoss. Had a bed-wetting problem in training camp.
- someone who attemps to save or kill a wounded dog but dies from his wound in the thigh
- company commander and a good guy. He loves his men, allows them to eat extra rations when Ginger the cook tries to withhold them, and he dies saving his company from the attack of enemy flamethrowers.
- noncommissioned training officer that thinks he has power over everyone. Torments Paul and his friends.
- cowardly cook only talked about at the beginning of the novel.
5 True/False questions
Leer → man who come back from the dying room
Lewandowski → School teacher in Paul's high school that pushes them to join the army. Eventually is drafted in the army.
Kat → man who come back from the dying room
Peter → first to have sex out of Paul's friends
Albert Kropp → someone who attemps to save or kill a wounded dog but dies from his wound in the thigh