5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Paris and London
- Great purges
- Spanish civil war
- a In what war did he fight?
- b The random arrests and torture tactics used to force false confessions under Stalin were called:
- c Orwell used his experiences with the poor and destitute of the city to help him write down and out in where?
- d The Bolshevik Secret Police were called the:
- e A work of literature in which characters and events symbolized abstract qualities.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What caused Orwell's death?
- The socialist party split into two groups. Which was the stronger group?
- Why did he write under a pen name?
- When was George Orwell born?
- Where was George Orwell born?
5 True/False Questions
Military police → The type of government run by Stalin in which one party or group has control over everything is called:
Pneumonia → The communists formed a political part called the Bolshevik Party led by whom?
Socialists → Who were the people who followed Karl Marx's thinking?
Totalitarian → In 1924, Lenin died; who took over as the leader of the USSR?
USSR → In 1922, Russia was transformed into the: