5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a not easily grasped by the mind
- b the piling up of images or concrete details. A listing
- c A type of African-American folk song that fused traditional African music with other familiar materials, such as the Bible or Protestant hymns. Most have double meaning.
- d An extreme form of realism. It tended to view people as victims who have no real control over natural forces. Very pessimistic.
- e The writer enlarges or overstates beyond the bounds of truth.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- rubbed out
- A word, phrase, line, or group of lines repeated at regular intervals in a poem or song-serve to emphasize key ideas and to establish rhythm.
- the state of living or lasting forever
- slow in movement
5 True/False Questions
Detract → to take value away from the whole
Expedient → very enthusiastic
Surmised → sufficient
Ruthless → suggestive
Stream of Consciousness → a branchedlike division