5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- War of Attrition
- Big Four
- Brown v. Board of Education
- W. Arthur Garrity
- Rome-Berlin Axis
- a Woodrow Wilson (US president), Georges Clemenceau (french premier), David Lloyd George (british prime minister), Vittorio Orlando (italian prime minister) major leaders at Paris peace conference
- b court found that segregation was a violation of the Equal Protection clause. "separate but equal" had no place
- c The alliance between Italy and Germany (Mussolini and Hitler)
- d Trench warfare between Germany and France. Called War of Attrition(wearing down) because the goal was to break down the enemy. There was no winner after 3 years of fighting.
- e Federal judge- persistent in the struggle of desegregating public schools in Boston
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- President from 1929 to 1933, called on businesses to help solve the situation rather than the government. Americans felt he did little to help them. Great depression is blamed on him
- Surprise attacks on major cities and towns and American military bases throughout South Vietnam.
- 35th President of the United States, established the Peace Corps; nervously authorized "Bay of Pigs" invasion, assassinated in Dallas. "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." (1917-1963)
- an international organization formed in 1920 to promote cooperation and peace among nations, now called the United Nations
- The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.
5 True/False Questions
Plessy v. Ferguson → prohibited states from banning the teaching of evolution
William Howard Taft → 25th president responsible for Spanish-American War, Philippine-American War, and the Annexation of Hawaii, imperialism. assassinated by an anarchist
Booker T. Washington → After World War I, this United States president sought to reduce the risk of war by writing the Fourteen Points that influenced the creation of the League of Nations.
Geneva Accords → agreement that divided Vietnam into North and South
Cambodia → Country bordering Vietnam that Nixon "secretly" carpet bombed