5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Tripartite Pact
- French-Indochina War
- Fifteenth Amendment
- Geneva Accords
- Teddy Roosevelt
- a agreement that divided Vietnam into North and South
- b Signed between the Axis powers in 1940 (Italy, Germany and Japan) where they pledged to help the others in the event of an attack by the US
- c The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.
- d 1946-1954; france came back after WWII to continue colonial rule; Vietnamese resisted
- e President that should be connected with the "big stick" policy, the "square deal," and the U.S. acting as "policemen" in Latin America. Progressive, formed "bull-moose" party which split republican vote, allowing woodrow wilson to win the election of 1912
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Firms or corporations that combine for the purpose of reducing competition and controlling prices (establishing a monopoly). There are anti-trust laws to prevent these monopolies.
- An alliance between Great Britain, France and Russia in the years before WWI.
- heir to the Austria-Hungarian throne, was assassinated in Sarajevo, started World War I.
- a 1896 Supreme Court decision which legalized state ordered segregation so long as the facilities for blacks and whites were equal. "separate but equal"
- The alliance between Italy and Germany (Mussolini and Hitler)
5 True/False Questions
Edward Kennedy → president, 1981-1989, who led a conservative movement against détente with the Soviet Union and the growth of the federal government; some people credit him with America's victory in the Cold War while others fault his insensitive social agenda and irresponsible fiscal policies.
League of Nations → Trench warfare between Germany and France. Called War of Attrition(wearing down) because the goal was to break down the enemy. There was no winner after 3 years of fighting.
W.E.B. DuBois → A Danish immigrant, he became a reporter who pointed out the terrible conditions of the tenement houses of the big cities where immigrants lived during the late 1800s. He wrote "How The Other Half Lives" in 1890.
William McKinley → 25th president responsible for Spanish-American War, Philippine-American War, and the Annexation of Hawaii, imperialism. assassinated by an anarchist
Langston Hughes → Korean leader who became president of South Korea after World War II and led Korea during Korean War.