5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cicero: (pg. 202): "What sort of thing is the law? It is the kind that cannot be bent by influence, or broken by power, or spoiled by money."
- Athens : Greece :: Rome : MODERN DAY ITALY OR THE ROMAN EMPIRE
- 27 B.C.
- a He is saying that the government should not be destroyed by; influence, money, or power.
- b one of two officials who led the ancient Roman Republic. One was a patrician, and the other was a plebeian, this was to make it fair between each side of the social class
- c Athens : Greece :: Rome : ____________________
- d Rebirth of all of western Europe after the long period of no culture known as the Dark Ages.
- e The date that the Senate awarded Octavian the title Augustus which means "highly respected"; he became the first emperor of Rome
5 Multiple choice questions
- a person in the ancient Roman Republic appointed to rule for six months in a time of emergency; had the powers of a king
- Twin brothers; children of a beautiful princess and Mars (Greek's Ares); evil and jealous king feared that they would someday seize power from him and ordered them to be drowned; The gods protected them, they were found by a she wolf and were taken to her cave were they were raised. Then they were soon found by a shepherd who raised them until they were older. When they were older they created the city of Rome.
- A foreign warrior that is paid to fight for no real cause
- a Visigoth general; threw out the last roman emperor and made himself one
- Made up of patricians
5 True/False questions
509 B.C. → *NOT "AFTER DEATH!"
Anno Domini (Latin) = The Year of Our Lord= A.D
Roman law from Justinian's Code of Justice passed through other and diverse cultures including the United States. In the Bill of Rights we use many of his brilliant ideas and values about freedom and liberty, justice and fairness. Also, Rome came up with the idea that we cherish today, "Innocent Until Proven Guilty!" → B.P.3) Why is Roman law important to us today? (Justinian's Code of Laws)
Diocletian → an economic situation in which there is more money of less value. Meaning the government
Rights of the Mother → he was the controler of the family he owned the family and the house.
Etruscans → an arena in ancient Rome; the show was also held there.