5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Roman law from Justinian's Code of Justice passed through other and diverse cultures including the United States. In the Bill of Rights we use many of his brilliant ideas and values about freedom and liberty, justice and fairness. Also, Rome came up with the idea that we cherish today, "Innocent Until Proven Guilty!"
- Role of the Father
- Rome is located at the center of Italy, Italy is at the center of the Mediterranean Sea, and the Mediterranean Sea was at the center of the known Wester World. Rome's seven hills made it very easy to defend, the soil was fertile, and there was a flowing river called the Tiber River. Romulus and Remus originally settled here because it seemed like a very nice place to live. It became so much more.
- A.D 1453
- a B.P.3) Why is Roman law important to us today? (Justinian's Code of Laws)
- b someone who died for a cause they believe in.
- c he was the controler of the family he owned the family and the house.
- d Date of Fall of Byzantium; Roman capita which was changed to Constantinople
- e B.P.2) How do you think Rome's geographic setting affected the growth of the empire?
5 Multiple choice questions
- He is saying that the government should not be destroyed by; influence, money, or power.
- B.P.4) What were the reasons in detail for the fall of Rome?
- A foreign warrior that is paid to fight for no real cause
- 3 types of slaves: house slaves: often treated as a member of the family, sometimes get adopted of married into the family, agricolture slaves: had a hard life forced to work in the farming fields, mine slaves: had terrible life worked in dangerous mines. All slaves had no rights.
- Athens : Greece :: Rome : ____________________
5 True/False questions
Dictator → a person in the ancient Roman Republic appointed to rule for six months in a time of emergency; had the powers of a king
A.D. → Originally used by the Etruscans. Romans introduced it to their soon to be empire. Still used today in many structures
Plebeians → am ordinary citizen in the ancient Roman Republic. Most were jobless and living below the poverty line. They lived in tall wooden apartments, they were a fire hazard
March 15, 44 B.C → Originally used by the Etruscans. Romans introduced it to their soon to be empire. Still used today in many structures
Rights of the Mother → the rights of the mother in a family depended on their husbands wealth and status; if the husband was a wealthy political man, the wife had a lot of freedom, where as if the husband was a poor Roman; the wife had very little and limited freedom