5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Role of the Father
- a a system that allows water run through cities and home fro drinking and bathing
- b (A.D 245-316) Emperor of Rome from A.D 284 to 305, reorganized the Roman government
- c an arena in ancient Rome; the show was also held there.
- d Rebirth of all of western Europe after the long period of no culture known as the Dark Ages.
- e he was the controler of the family he owned the family and the house.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Constantine declares freedom of Religion
- am ordinary citizen in the ancient Roman Republic. Most were jobless and living below the poverty line. They lived in tall wooden apartments, they were a fire hazard
- 3 types of slaves: house slaves: often treated as a member of the family, sometimes get adopted of married into the family, agricolture slaves: had a hard life forced to work in the farming fields, mine slaves: had terrible life worked in dangerous mines. All slaves had no rights.
- India : Indian Ocean :: Italy : _________________
- a building made of arches and roman architecture
5 True/False Questions
Concrete → enabled the Romans to build larger structures and they could use it to resist water. Made of cement, water, rock, and sand.
Martyr → Originally used by the Etruscans. Romans introduced it to their soon to be empire. Still used today in many structures
Nero's response to the rise of Christianity → a terrible fire went on in Rome for nine days. Nero blamed the Christians and had them killed which created martyrs which attracted new followers.
Patrician → member of a wealthy, upper-class family in the ancient Roman Republic. In the Roman civilization, most were plebeians, then there was slaves, and there was only a few patricians
Roman Citizen: (212): "if the Tiber River reaches the walls, if the Nile fails to rise to the fields, if the sky doesn't move or the Earth does, of there is famine of plague, the cry is at once: "The Christians to the Lions." → He is saying that there is no quiet in Rome even before sunrise. Like every big city.