5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- This is probably the most important big picture question. After evil and psychotic and psychopathic emperors like Nero we had an amazing emperor like Constantine. He struggled to spread Christianity. It provided comfort and authority at a time when hope for Mighty Rome was about to become a nope. He was a great emperor and it seemed like all was well, but really, all was not. 125 years before the only Christian emperor, Marcus Aurelius, a great emperor known for his wisdom, but apparently not really wise, left his son the infamous Commodus in charge of Rome (180 A.D) He was crazy and savage and loved random bloodshed of soldiers. Crazy. So he began a period of weak and corrupt rulers. Right? They were almost always successful generals and NOT politicians at all. The economy of the government fell to pieces and the senate totally lost it's power. The army began to be made up of mercanaries, people who have no loyalty to serve the army and do it only for pay. The Size of the Empire became a huge problem, but when she stopped conquering lands. no new sources of wealth became available and the taxes grew very heavy. The money was being drained out to pay for a government that simply refused to fight, and unenpliyment rapidly spread. A scarcity of food caused the price of food to go up, so the government began producing more money as coins. With less and less silver, they put less and less in each coin, and they soon became worthless. Lastly, Rome was powerless against the Germanic tribes, or barbarians.Then Romulus Agustuslus, at only 14 came into power, amd Oadacer stepped up and put him on a farm to work like a plebeian.
- a (A.D 245-316) Emperor of Rome from A.D 284 to 305, reorganized the Roman government
- b A foreign warrior that is paid to fight for no real cause
- c Ancient people who lived in Etruia in Italy from at least 650 B.C. to about 500 B.C.
Lived before the Romans and influenced their culture
Controlled the Roman Empire
Roman citizens revolted in 509 B.C. which is when the Romans started the republic.
- d am ordinary citizen in the ancient Roman Republic. Most were jobless and living below the poverty line. They lived in tall wooden apartments, they were a fire hazard
- e B.P.4) What were the reasons in detail for the fall of Rome?
5 Multiple choice questions
- a person in the ancient Roman Republic appointed to rule for six months in a time of emergency; had the powers of a king
- he was the controler of the family he owned the family and the house.
- 3 types of slaves: house slaves: often treated as a member of the family, sometimes get adopted of married into the family, agricolture slaves: had a hard life forced to work in the farming fields, mine slaves: had terrible life worked in dangerous mines. All slaves had no rights.
- India : Indian Ocean :: Italy : _________________
- Date of Fall of Byzantium; Roman capita which was changed to Constantinople
5 True/False questions
Byzantium → (278-337 A.D) Emperor of Rome from A.D 312 to 337; encouraged the spread of Christianity; best emperor; became a Christian; first Born Again Christian Emperor
Veto → the Latin word for "forbid"; the rejection of a bill by the consuls in the ancient Roman Republic.
27 B.C. → The year that Romans revolted and drove the Etruscans from power
Mare Nostrum → the Latin (which is the official language of the Romans) word for "our sea"; referring to the Mediterranean Sea which was the center of the known world at the time
Consul → an arena in ancient Rome; the show was also held there.