← BIO TEST CH 12 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The advantage of being able to clone the gene for human insulin is that
- A collection of DNA fragments obtained from the genome of one organism, inserted by recombinant DNA techniques into the genome of a host organism (one fragment per host genome), and maintained there is called a
- A nucleic acid probe is
- Analyze/Interpret the results
- Compare the bands of DNA
- a a piece of radioactively labeled DNA that is used to locate a specific gene.
- b genomic library
- c 3rd- c
- d 4th- d
- e human insulin is less likely to provoke an allergic reaction than cow, pig or horse insulin.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- each of the 13 STR bands must match
- Yes, family 3 matches.
- the desired gene is inserted into the plasmid and the plasmid is returned to the bacterium by transformation.
- form hydrogen-bonded base pairs with complementary single-stranded stretches of DNA
- restriction sites
5 True/False Questions
Gel electrophoresis sorts DNA molecules on the basis of their → 3rd- c
Harvest/purify the insulin protein to be injected into patients → 2nd- b
The type of recombinant bacteria most often used to mass-produce genes is → 1st- a
In the process of human gene cloning using recombinant plasmids, the bacterial plasmid → 3rd- c
Decisions regarding the human genome are the responsibility of → society as a whole (individuals, doctors, scientists, government)