5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Rejection syndrome
- Skin and mucous membranes
- Plasma cells derived from B cells
- a (CP 17-2) What tissues constitute the first line of defense against invasion of pathogens? (366)
- b (CP 17-15) The tendency for every organism to destroy foreign substances. It is the greatest obstacle to transplantation of tissues from one individual to another. (377)
- c (CP 17-8) What type of cells produce antibodies? (370)
- d An altered toxin used to produce active immunity.
- e (CP 17-10) _______________ adaptive immunity comes from the passage of antibodies from a mother to her fetus. (371)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (CP 17-4) _______________ immunity is inherited in a person's genetic material. (368)
- (CP 17-1) The number of pathogens that invade the body. (366)
- The power of an organsm to overcome its host's defense is called _______________.
- B Cells produce ___________ to destroy antigens.
- (CP 17-14) An abnormal reaction to one's own tissues. (376)
5 True/False Questions
Cytotoxic → An altered toxin used to produce active immunity.
Memory → (CP 17-3) ______________ is a non-specific factor that stimulates phagosytosis, increases metabolism, and decreases some organisms ability to multiply. (367)
Antigen → (CP 17-10) _______________ adaptive immunity comes from contact with a disease. (371)
Humoral → (CP 17-6) A _______________ T cell remembers an antigen and starts a response. (369)
Active → (CP 17-10) _______________ adaptive immunity comes from contact with a disease. (371)