5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Portal of entry
- a _______________ immunity is caused when B cells multiply and become plasma cells that produce antibodies that are introduced into the blood (extracellular).
- b (CP 17-10) _______________ adaptive immunity comes from the passage of antibodies from a mother to her fetus. (371)
- c (CP 17-1) The number of pathogens that invade the body. (366)
- d Substances capable of inducing hypersensitivity reaction are called _______________.
- e (CP 17-1) A break in the skin or mucous membrane that influences the occurrence of infection. (366)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (CP 17-7) A substance produced in response to an antigen. (370)
- (CP 17-3) ______________ is a non-specific factor that stimulates phagosytosis, increases metabolism, and decreases some organisms ability to multiply. (367)
- (CP 17-12) M______________, C_______________, and R______________ are three viral diseases that have vaccines. (374)
- An altered toxin used to produce active immunity.
- Heat, redness, swelling, and pain are classic signs of ______________.
5 True/False Questions
Toxin → An altered toxin used to produce active immunity.
Rejection syndrome → (CP 17-15) The tendency for every organism to destroy foreign substances. It is the greatest obstacle to transplantation of tissues from one individual to another. (377)
Regulatory → (CP 17-6) A _______________ T Cell suppresses the immune response. (369)
Helper → (CP 17-6) A _______________ T Cell releases interleukins. (369)
Skin and mucous membranes → (CP 17-1) A break in the skin or mucous membrane that influences the occurrence of infection. (366)