5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Artic / Articulated Lorry
- A-D Converter
- Fill Light
- a Used to transport required items (props, costumes, technical equipment) in traveling productions
- b analog to digital converter used in computer soundcards
- c Gel that's melted or lost its color
- d compensates for holes in key lighting
- e filter that stretches light in different directions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- when two colored beams are focused on one area
- hidden trapdoor concealing outlets on stage or a lacquer used to tint bulbs or lighting set up at stage level
- used to bolt down scenery
- part of lamp where lamp holder sits
- all-encompassing term for lighting equipment
5 True/False Questions
Key Light → lamp that uses a parabolic reflector for high-intensity
Barndoors → flaps on the front of a Fresnel that are adjusted to control the beam.
Scoop → mounted in ellipsoidal reflector - produces soft-edged, circular beam. Used as floodlight.
Arc Lamp → Powered by battery, so not practical until invention of generator.
Aero → code used by the Lighting Industry Forum to indicate recommended usage of lanterns