5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- HIV antibodies
- Short term and long term effects of drug abuse
- Smokeless tobacco
- long term effects of alcohol
- Human immunodeficiency virus
- a tobacco use which doesn't include smoking. Examples are Snuff and chewing tobacco.
- b test that detects antibodies to determine if a person has been infected with HIV. If the test is positive, a second test is done
- c damage many organs, kill brain cells, can cause sudden death.impaired learning and memory, hyperthermia, rapid or irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, heart attack, sudden death, dangerously slow breathing, seizures, coma, loss of memory, loss of muscle control.
- d brain damage, shrunken/ dead brain cells, irregular heart beat, high blood pressure, enlargement of the heart, anemia, diminished immune system function, decreased ability to absorb vitamins, hepatitis, corrhosis, liver cancer, irriation of the esophagus and stomach, stomach bleeding, cancer of mouth, esophagus and stomach, loss of bladder control
- e is the virus that primarily affects cells of the immune system and that causes AIDS
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- are drugs that temporarily increase a person's energy and alertness
- pain in pelvic area, vaginal discharge, fever, painful urination. antibiotics or surgery
- fatigue, weight loss, fever, diarrhea, forgetfulness, difficulty thinking, weakened immune system, infection. No cure, a combination of drugs can delay symptoms
- genital and anal warts. Abnormal pap smear. No cure, can be frozen or surgically removed.
- Physically based losses in mental functioning: alcoholism is the leading cause of this.
5 True/False Questions
The benefits of being smoke free → that you will not have cigarette smoke that contains more than 4,000 chemicals. Of these, at least 40 are carcinogens. Smoking is unhealthy, is expensive, stinks, looks unattractive, and damages your skin.
epidemic- → the occurrence of more cases of a disease than expected
Emphysema → is a long-term, progressive disease of the lung that primarily causes shortness of breath.
Long term effects of drug abuse → Smoking marijuana over a long period has many of the same negative health effects as smoking tobacco. Marijuana use is also dangerous when driving. The loss of attention and coordination can make driving high as dangerous as driving drunk.
Acquired immune deficiency syndrome → the disease that is caused by the HIV virus, which weakens the immune system