5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Smokeless tobacco
- a tobacco use which doesn't include smoking. Examples are Snuff and chewing tobacco.
- b When an individual persists in use of alcohol or other drugs despite problems related to use of the substance, substance dependence may be diagnosed. Compulsive and repetitive use may result in tolerance to the effect of the drug and withdrawal symptoms when use is reduced or stopped
- c Lysergic acid diethylamide is is usually taken as tablets or absorbed through the tongue on small paper squares. LSD can increase energy, alter mood, and produce strange sensations or hallucinations. The effects of LSD can also be frightening.
- d has the same effects as marijuana, but stronger.
- e are drugs that cause relaxation and sleepiness.
5 Multiple choice questions
- severe acne, increased cholesterol, increased facial hair, baldness, deeper voice, disrupted menstrual cycle, infertility, bloating, rapid weight gain, and liver cancer.
- a toxic gas that keeps oxygen from getting into the bloodstream.
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe.
- recovery program for people who have friends or family members with alcoholism
- is an inflammatory disorder of the airways, which causes
attacks of wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and
5 True/False questions
Methamphetamine → stimulant drug that is sorted, injected, smoked, or swallowed. It causes increased alertness and energy, loss of appetite, euphoria, hyperactivity, restlessness, anxiety, increased heart rate, increased breathing rate, and elevated blood pressure.
The benefits of being smoke free → that you will not have cigarette smoke that contains more than 4,000 chemicals. Of these, at least 40 are carcinogens. Smoking is unhealthy, is expensive, stinks, looks unattractive, and damages your skin.
long term effects of alcohol → brain damage, shrunken/ dead brain cells, irregular heart beat, high blood pressure, enlargement of the heart, anemia, diminished immune system function, decreased ability to absorb vitamins, hepatitis, corrhosis, liver cancer, irriation of the esophagus and stomach, stomach bleeding, cancer of mouth, esophagus and stomach, loss of bladder control
short term effects of smoking → your heart beats faster, your hand steadiness decreases, carbon monoxide increase, temperature of skin goes down, and the brain wave changes
Heroin → is a chemically altered form of morphine. Heroin is highly addictive. This addiction is debilitating and often ruins people's lives