← Health Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Carbon monoxide
- All illegal drugs have these three things in common:
- a are drugs that distort perceptions and cause a person to see or hear things that are not real.
- b the drug found in beer, wine,and liquor that caused intoxication
- c Illegal drugs can have permanent effects on the brain and the body.
You can become addicted.
You can catch infectious diseases from needles.
- d a toxic gas that keeps oxygen from getting into the bloodstream.
- e the occurrence of more cases of a disease than expected
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Physically based losses in mental functioning: alcoholism is the leading cause of this.
- a swallowed or snorted drug that increases awareness of senses, causes mild hallucinations, increased energy, and loss of judgment.
- 1. any sexual activity that brings a person in contact with body fluids from an infected person
2. any sexual activity in which one person's genitals contacts another person's skin or mucous membranes
3. direct contact with open sores
4. a mother to her baby before or during birth, or during breast-feeding
- When an individual persists in use of alcohol or other drugs despite problems related to use of the substance, substance dependence may be diagnosed. Compulsive and repetitive use may result in tolerance to the effect of the drug and withdrawal symptoms when use is reduced or stopped
- is the smoke that escapes from the tip of a lit cigarette, cigar, or pipe. This can be as much as half of the total smoke.
5 True/False Questions
Opportunistic infection → beginning or worsening of symptoms as the immune system fails.
Marijuana → is the dried flowers and leaves from the plant.
herbal cigaretes → are a group of highly addictive drugs derived from the poppy plant that are used as pain relievers, anesthetics, and sedatives
Phase II of HIV infection → during sexual activity, which includes vaginal, oral, and anal sex, with an infected person
through sharing needles or other intravenous injection equipment with an infected person
from an infected mother to her infant before or during the birth process or by breast-feeding.
Effects on men from steroids → severe acne, increased cholesterol, increased facial hair, baldness, deeper voice, disrupted menstrual cycle, infertility, bloating, rapid weight gain, and liver cancer.