5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Short term effects of drug abuse
- a is an inflammatory disorder of the airways, which causes
attacks of wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, and
- b is a sticky, black substance in tobacco smoke
- c Slowed thinking ability, Difficulty paying attention, Distorted sense of time and distance, Giddiness, Loss of short-term memory, Loss of balance and coordination, Increased appetite, Anxiety, and Panic attacks
- d - pain during urination, vaginal discharge, pain in pelvis area. Both partners take antibiotics
- e -injected, snorted, or smoked drug. It causes confusion, distortion of reality, and numbness.
5 Multiple choice questions
- is the intentional improper or unsafe use of a drug.
- are chemicals or agents that cause cancer.
- painless ulcer, rash, fever, joint pain, heart and nervous system damage. antibiotics
- the asymptomatic stage, which means the infection is present but there are few or no symptoms. This phase can last 10 years or more.
- Smoking marijuana over a long period has many of the same negative health effects as smoking tobacco. Marijuana use is also dangerous when driving. The loss of attention and coordination can make driving high as dangerous as driving drunk.
5 True/False questions
Acquired immune deficiency syndrome → is the virus that primarily affects cells of the immune system and that causes AIDS
epidemic- → the occurrence of more cases of a disease than expected
Addictive → When an individual persists in use of alcohol or other drugs despite problems related to use of the substance, substance dependence may be diagnosed. Compulsive and repetitive use may result in tolerance to the effect of the drug and withdrawal symptoms when use is reduced or stopped
Snuff → cured, ground tobacco sold moist or blended to a powder-like consistency.
Pelvic inflammatory disease → test that detects antibodies to determine if a person has been infected with HIV. If the test is positive, a second test is done