5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- trichomonas vaginalis
- Yellow Fever
- 24-48 hours
- a has no cyst stage, so is passed from person to person directly
- b Found in tropical Africa and S America, this virus is transmitted by mosquitoes.
- c This unicellular, non-fungal parasite is transmitted by sandfly saliva
- d death occurs in Ebola/Marburg viruses in ...?
- e caused by yeast Candida, esp C. albicans
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Flu-like symptoms in Yellow Fever can progress to severe hepatitis and __________.
- Major cause of gastroenteritis in adults, up to 30% of infections are asymptomatic
- how tinea is transmitted
- Fungi lack this pigment that plants have
- cestodes; primarily parasite of the intestine, little more than a ribbon containing ovaries/testes
5 True/False Questions
cutaneous, diffuse, mucocutaneous, visceral → 4 later sx of Schistosomiasis infex
pneumocystis pneumonia → The major cause of death in AIDS patients, it is a yeast-like fungus, us. inhaled via resp droplets
5, 28 → What the trophodite Giardia protozoa feeds on in the intestinal tract.
No → rabies attacks this system
2, 2 → how many doses of anti-pinworm drugs to cure? How far apart each dose?