5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- T. cruzi
- fecal-oral route; aerosolized
- yeast, mold, protists, helminths
- liver, intestines, lungs, bladder
- a symptoms appear after an incubation pd of 6 days to 1 year; death is within days of onset of sx.
- b this parasite is in the feces of the vector for Chagas dz. Bites are typically on lips of host
- c long-term infex by Schistosoma can cause damage to these organs (4)
- d Eukaryote microorganisms (4)
- e norovirus basic route of transmission; also this particular method
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Single dose of this drug treats Schistosomiasis
- describe Hep A virus
- has no cyst stage, so is passed from person to person directly
- Giardiasis is caused by this protozoan
- Fungi are heterotrophic or auxotrophic? They also eat dead things ("____")
5 True/False Questions
Trichinellosis spiralis → thrush, vaginitis, diaper rash, etc.
fever, tiredness, nausea, vomiting, jaundice → Although often asymptomatic in children, Hep A may cause...
ORT → rabies attacks this system
budding → molds grow by extending these, and by adding new nuclei by mitosis
atypical → multinucleate and may have intracellular walls (septate or nonseptate)