5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Wagner Act
- Immigration Restriction League
- a 1935, also National Labor Relations Act; granted rights to unions; allowed collective bargaining.
- b An economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, esp. as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth.
- c The belief that native-born Americans are superior to foreigners
- d A Nativist group who wanted to restrict immigration into the U.S. to certain groups they deemed desirable. Because of them congress passed a bill in 1897 requiring a literacy test for immigrants.
- e The trend toward increased cultural and economic connectedness between people, businesses, and organizations throughout the world.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The commercial processes involved in promoting and selling and distributing a product or service.
- Lead by William Heywood, they wanted to bring back industrial unionism; it centered in the Western Federation at Butte, Montana; many people joined who were against the AFL's idea of only having skilled workers; they wanted to get rid of the government and put in its place one big union (but did not specify how the union would be governed).
- Passed in 1882; banned Chinese immigration in US for a total of 40 years because the United States thought of them as a threat. Caused chinese population in America to decrease.
- Teddy Roosevelt's campaign slogan in the election of 1904. It was meant that all Americans should have an equal opportunity to succeed.
- Between 1865-1905 the 2nd Industrial Revolution.
Steel, oil led to railroads, horseless carriage, airplanes and telegraph, telephone, typewriters and many other inventions like the light-bulb.
5 True/False Questions
The New Deal → Offered veterans job training and education; promoted a boost in higher education but it was not always given to colored veterans.
Henry Ford and the assembly line → They were two italian born american laborers and anarchists who were tired convicted and executed via electrocution on Aug 3 1927 for the 1920 armed robbery. it is believed they had nothing to do with the crime. They died by electric chair unfairly.
The Great Depression → protect children who were brought here illegally. even though they were brought here illegally they still have something extra to do.
Social Darwinism → Applied Darwin's theory of natural selection and "survival of the fittest" to human society and to the small and large business for their survival.
The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 → -abolished the national-origin quotas that had been in place in the US since the Immigration act of 1924