5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pope Innocent IV
- Pax Romana
- a At this battle the Romans lost 50,000 to the Carthaginians.
- b Issued a bull that allowed the use of torture to get a confession
- c the 207 years of peace in the Roman Empire were known as this.
- d The group that held most of the power in Rome.
- e the Silver coin of the Roman Empire
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- preached that Jesus Christ, not the pope, was the head of the Church.
- Constantine moved the capital of the Roman Empire here.
- This was launched by Edward III and brought a change in the style of warfare in Europe.
- planned a surprise attack on the Crusaders with his 50,000 soldiers
- relating to a style of church architecture that developed in medieval Europe, featuring ribbed vaults, stained glass windows, flying buttresses, pointed arches and tall spires.
5 True/False Questions
Pope Gregory XI → enforced Church laws against simony and the marriage of priests.
Ottoman Turks → the Romans regularly used these to help fight germs and bacteria.
Roman Baths → taught that the authority of the Bible was higher than that of the Pope.
Pontius Pilate → one-third of the population of Europe died of this.
Crecy → a medieval association of people working at the same occupation, which controlled its members wages and prices.