5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Queen Mother
- Thomas Aquinas
- a workers in this village built their houses from salt block because it was the only material available.
- b argued that the most basic religious truths could be proved by logical argument.
- c this sculpture was the most widely known in Benin.
- d the Silver coin of the Roman Empire
- e relating to a style of church architecture that developed in medieval Europe, featuring ribbed vaults, stained glass windows, flying buttresses, pointed arches and tall spires.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a triangular peninsula near Arabia
- the Pope that issued a plea that resulted in the First Crusade. Offered those going on the Crusades a "ticket to heaven"
- Drove Sunni Ali's son from power and ruled for 37 years. He set up an efficient tax system and chose able officials.
- one of the expeditions in which medieval Christian warriors sought to recover control of the Holy land from the Muslims.
- He was the Seljuk leader of Antioch.
5 True/False Questions
Hausa → this battle would decide the Second Punic War in favor of the Romans.
Hundred Years' War → the city targeted by Baldwin during the Crusades.
Avignon → the belief that spirits living in animals, plants and natural forces play an important role in daily life.
common law → Emperor
three-field system → a system of farming developed in