5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- to split the bill
- table linens
- to drizzle
- humane farming
- a to share the costs of what you've eaten in a restaurant with your dinner partners
- b tablecloths, placemats and napkins
- c this means that the animals used for food products were raised & housed in reasonably clean & uncrowded conditions where they received reasonable care during feeding & when the animal products were harvested [as in milking]. This claim also suggests the use of more compassionate forms of slaughter, when animals are killed for food.
- d to drip a carefully controlled amount of sauce, gravy or icing over a food item in a thin stream, generally controlling the flow & amount drizzled for its attractive visual proportions as well as its proportional flavor contribution to the main food item.
- e ableware implements for cutting and eating food
5 Multiple choice questions
- is a kitchen appliance used to cook or heat food, often refers to the "burners" [heating elements or gas flame] on top of the oven, with "the oven" referring to the are for enclosed heating
- Cooked on a barbaque [a flame grill], &/or seasoned with BBQ Sauce
- a cooking unit with a radiant heat source located above the food- generally used to cook at high heat for a shorter time than "roasting"
- to remove the skin from fruit or vegetables
- basically the juices that drip from cooking meat sometimes developed into a sauce that is more than just meat juices
5 True/False questions
appetizer → a person who slaughters or dresses meat for market
a salad bar → a large shallow dish used for serving food; a serving dish
a platter → a large shallow dish used for serving food; a serving dish
table appointments are → a cooking unit with a radiant heat source located above the food- generally used to cook at high heat for a shorter time than "roasting"
a serving spoon → what you use to eat soup, serve sauces, or liquid [soupy] foods