5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a stove or "stove-top"
- knife: bread knife [dull], steak knife [sharp for cutting meat at the table], kitchen knife
- the oven
- a light food or beverage that begins a meal and is designed to stimulate the appetite
- b the kitchen appliance used for baking or roasting
- c food cooked at home
- d is a kitchen appliance used to cook or heat food, often refers to the "burners" [heating elements or gas flame] on top of the oven, with "the oven" referring to the are for enclosed heating
- e an eating utensil used to cut food. there are many types of "kitchen knives" for cutting different types of food. there are also a few different types of "table knives" used to cut food after the food has been served onto a person's own plate
5 Multiple choice questions
- to kill animals & prepare the meat for food consumption
- animals that are fed in the open & allowed to graze & move around rather than confined to a narrowly defined cage or a crowed enclosed group area
- a large shallow dish used for serving food; a serving dish
- includes glasses of many shapes & sizes for different types of drinks.
- to cut something into smaller pieces
5 True/False questions
low-fat → food with less fat
dinnerware → includes plates, cups, saucer, and bowls.
to whisk; is then whisked, whipped or emulsified → to mix liquid, eggs, etc. very quickly so that air is mixed in, using a fork or a whisk
if you grill it, it is grilled [other references "cooked on a BBQ" "cooked over an open flame"] → food cooked in oil, generally referring to "deep fat fried" or submerged in a "fry vat" of very hot oil. "fried" can also refer to food cooked in a small amount of oil in a frying pan
gravy → basically the juices that drip from cooking meat sometimes developed into a sauce that is more than just meat juices