5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- if you are here to dine, you are a diner & you'll be dining
- you buy groceries in a grocery store
- produce is found in the produce section
- a spoon, spoons
- starters, appetizers
- a to eat a meal, usual refers to dinner or supper [main meal of the day] but in a restaurant can refer to customers who have come to eat, any time of day, any meal.
- b what you eat before the main course; meant to stimulate not satisfy the appetite
- c a marketplace where groceries are sold; the grocer sells groceries in a grocery store, usually a larger business not limited to food only
- d what you use to eat soup, serve sauces, or liquid [soupy] foods
- e "Produce" = fresh fruits and vegetable grown for the market
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- has substances added to it before it is sold, in order to preserve it, improve its colour, etc.
- food with a lot of spice flavor, often also means "spicy hot"
- the kitchen appliance used for baking or roasting
- food with less fat
- includes all the pieces used by one person. Usually includes a dinner plate, salad plate, bread and butter plate, cup, and saucer.
5 True/False Questions
range free; free range → animals that are fed in the open & allowed to graze & move around rather than confined to a narrowly defined enclosed area for controlled feeding
salty → like, thick liquid, resembling soup; gushy & soft
flatware; silverware → includes plates, cups, saucer, and bowls.
if you roast it, it is roasted, & is "a roast" → cooked by direct heat, as over a fire, on grill or under an oven broiler
frozen → food recently made or picked