5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a chunk; a piece; a section
- the "work triangle" in a kitchen is
- cage free
- a like, thick liquid, resembling soup; gushy & soft
- b a large thick piece of something that does not have an even shape
- c an imaginary triangle formed by the refrigerator, stove and sink; the major work centers in a home kitchen.
- d monosodium glutamate, a white crystal, added to enhance flavor. Many people are sensitive or allergic to MSG
- e animals that are fed in the open & allowed to graze & move around rather than confined to a narrowly defined cage or a crowed enclosed group area
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the main part of a meal
- a marketplace where groceries are sold; the grocer sells groceries in a grocery store, usually a larger business not limited to food only
- includes all the pieces used by one person. Usually includes a dinner plate, salad plate, bread and butter plate, cup, and saucer.
- a spoon that stays with the serving dishes & is used to place food servings on individual plates; no one puts the serving spoon to their mouth since it is the spoon everyone's food shares
- food with a lot of salt & a strong salt flavor
5 True/False Questions
antibiotic-free → Antibiotics kill bacteria & other microorganisms. Foods with this labeling claim to have been raised without the use of antibiotics in the farming process.
make a reservation → money charged or left as a tip for service; part of the cost of the meal
the bakery; bakery shop → a workplace where baked goods (breads & cakes & pastries) are produced or sold; may be its own shop or be part of a larger grocery store
Dutch treat → an arrangement of paying in which each person pays his own way; to "Go Dutch"; to "Split the check"
family style dining → a style serving a meal that allows diners to join others in an arrangement where large dishes of food are placed on a table & passed among those who are dining, for self-service