5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- if you are here to dine, you are a diner & you'll be dining
- a microwave oven, or "the microwave"
- a to eat a meal, usual refers to dinner or supper [main meal of the day] but in a restaurant can refer to customers who have come to eat, any time of day, any meal.
- b is a kitchen appliance that cooks food by passing an electromagnetic wave through it
- c food kept in the freezer
- d food recently made or picked
- e what you eat after the main course
5 Multiple choice questions
- a food prepared with less salt for heart health. low-salt is not the same as "salt-free" or "unsalted"
- food cooked in the oven
- to remove the skin from fruit or vegetables
- to mix; to move a liquid or substance around with a spoon or stick in order to mix it together
- manners established by society
5 True/False questions
salty → food with a lot of salt & a strong salt flavor
homemade → food with less fat
organic → foods grown or raised without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides or hormones
knife: bread knife [dull], steak knife [sharp for cutting meat at the table], kitchen knife → to cut meat, bread, vegetables etc into thin flat pieces
produce is found in the produce section → a marketplace where groceries are sold; the grocer sells groceries in a grocery store, usually a larger business not limited to food only