5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the "work center" in a kitchen is
- to split the bill
- a serving dish
- stemware is
- produce is found in the produce section
- a glassware that has three parts- a bowl, a stem, and a foot [or base].
- b the section in a kitchen that has been designed around a specific activity.
- c a dish that holds a larger portion of food to be divided into individual servings; no one uses their personal flatware to eat directly from the serving dish, it is a common plate that holds food to be eaten by more than one person
- d to share the costs of what you've eaten in a restaurant with your dinner partners
- e "Produce" = fresh fruits and vegetable grown for the market
5 Multiple choice questions
- food recently made or picked
- to cut meat, bread, vegetables etc into thin flat pieces
- a gravy or other flavored blend [usually liquid] used to accent or enrich the taste of food, served as an accompaniment or "drizzled" on top of the food or around the dish before serving
- tablecloths, placemats and napkins
- an imaginary triangle formed by the refrigerator, stove and sink; the major work centers in a home kitchen.
5 True/False questions
A la mode → food cooked at home
the broiler → a cooking unit with a radiant heat source located above the food- generally used to cook at high heat for a shorter time than "roasting"
family style dining → tablecloths, placemats and napkins
salty → food with a lot of salt & a strong salt flavor
to whisk; is then whisked, whipped or emulsified → to mix liquid, eggs, etc. very quickly so that air is mixed in, using a fork or a whisk