5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- if you broil it is broiled, or char broiled
- you buy groceries in a grocery store
- if you grill it, it is grilled [other references "cooked on a BBQ" "cooked over an open flame"]
- humane farming
- Dutch treat
- a an arrangement of paying in which each person pays his own way; to "Go Dutch"; to "Split the check"
- b a marketplace where groceries are sold; the grocer sells groceries in a grocery store, usually a larger business not limited to food only
- c this means that the animals used for food products were raised & housed in reasonably clean & uncrowded conditions where they received reasonable care during feeding & when the animal products were harvested [as in milking]. This claim also suggests the use of more compassionate forms of slaughter, when animals are killed for food.
- d cooked by direct heat, as over a fire, on grill or under an oven broiler
- e food cooked on the grill over a flame
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- food recently made or picked
- a person who slaughters or dresses meat for market
- forks, spoons, knives & serving utensils used at the table to serve and eat food
- to kill animals & prepare the meat for food consumption
- serving food with the pan drippings from which the fat has been skimmed
5 True/False Questions
to split the bill → a large shallow dish used for serving food; a serving dish
dinnerware → includes plates, cups, saucer, and bowls.
if you roast it, it is roasted, & is "a roast" → meat cooked in the oven
buffet style dining → a style of serving a food where serving dishes of food are placed on a "buffet" [usually a long table for only food, dishes & flatware]. Diners take plate & serve themselves from the buffet, then move to another table to seat to eat.
a place setting → a large shallow dish used for serving food; a serving dish