5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Code talkers
- Anti semitism
- a s, a poor densely populated city district occupied by a minority ethnic group linked together by economic hardship and social restrictions
- b s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
- c s, Navajo troops who used their language to send messages in a code the Japanese were never able to break
- d June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
- e s, Japanese suicide pilots who loaded their planes with explosives and crashed them into American ships.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- May 8?
- s, the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler
- s, FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Yalta. Russia agreed to declare war on Japan after the surrender of Germany and in return FDR and Churchill promised the USSR concession in Manchuria and the territories that it had lost in the Russo-Japanese War
- s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
- WHat was the sOviets best ally against German Army?
5 True/False Questions
they would use them as bases to launch attacks → Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
japan surrendered → May 8?
Japanese advances halted → What happened for the first time at the battle of coral sea?
Rationing → s, Japanese suicide pilots who loaded their planes with explosives and crashed them into American ships.
Bataan March → s, April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 65 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors. It is called the Death March because so may of the prisoners died en route.