5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bataan March
- North Africa
- ll people of Japeneses background be removed from the west coast
- a WHat was the sOviets best ally against German Army?
- b s, a poor densely populated city district occupied by a minority ethnic group linked together by economic hardship and social restrictions
- c Where did American Soldiers enter WWII?
- d What did General DeWitt recommend?
- e s, April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 65 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors. It is called the Death March because so may of the prisoners died en route.
5 Multiple choice questions
- s, Navajo troops who used their language to send messages in a code the Japanese were never able to break
- What happened on april 12, 1945?
- What happened for the first time at the battle of coral sea?
- What was the initial American reaction to the final Solution?
- Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
5 True/False questions
final solution → s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
Battle of the bulge → s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
Yalta Conference → s, FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Yalta. Russia agreed to declare war on Japan after the surrender of Germany and in return FDR and Churchill promised the USSR concession in Manchuria and the territories that it had lost in the Russo-Japanese War
Anti semitism → s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
d-Day → June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.