5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- disbelief, they though it was was war propaganda
- Bataan March
- hitler suicide
- a s, April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 65 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors. It is called the Death March because so may of the prisoners died en route.
- b s, a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
- c What was the initial American reaction to the final Solution?
- d What happened on april 30 1945?
- e June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- May 8?
- s, Japanese suicide pilots who loaded their planes with explosives and crashed them into American ships.
- s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
- Where did American Soldiers enter WWII?
- What happened on april 12, 1945?
5 True/False Questions
Japanese advances halted → What happened for the first time at the battle of coral sea?
they would use them as bases to launch attacks → Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
Yalta Conference → s, FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Yalta. Russia agreed to declare war on Japan after the surrender of Germany and in return FDR and Churchill promised the USSR concession in Manchuria and the territories that it had lost in the Russo-Japanese War
Code talkers → What happened on april 12, 1945?
ll people of Japeneses background be removed from the west coast → What did General DeWitt recommend?