5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Code talkers
- FDR dies
- North Africa
- a June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
- b What happened on april 12, 1945?
- c s, Navajo troops who used their language to send messages in a code the Japanese were never able to break
- d Where did American Soldiers enter WWII?
- e s, Japanese suicide pilots who loaded their planes with explosives and crashed them into American ships.
5 Multiple choice questions
- s, the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler
- s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
- What was the initial American reaction to the final Solution?
- Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
- What did General DeWitt recommend?
5 True/False questions
Rationing → s, a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
Bataan March → s, a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
Ghetto → WHat was the sOviets best ally against German Army?
hitler suicide → s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
Germany Surrendered → May 8?