← Am.HIS #5 Ch, 24 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- FDR dies
- Japanese advances halted
- Anti semitism
- a What happened on april 12, 1945?
- b s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
- c s, a poor densely populated city district occupied by a minority ethnic group linked together by economic hardship and social restrictions
- d What happened for the first time at the battle of coral sea?
- e s, a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
- What did General DeWitt recommend?
- What happened on april 30 1945?
- August 15?
- s, April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 65 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors. It is called the Death March because so may of the prisoners died en route.
5 True/False Questions
Code talkers → What happened on april 12, 1945?
Germany Surrendered → May 8?
disbelief, they though it was was war propaganda → What was the initial American reaction to the final Solution?
d-Day → June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
Yalta Conference → s, FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Yalta. Russia agreed to declare war on Japan after the surrender of Germany and in return FDR and Churchill promised the USSR concession in Manchuria and the territories that it had lost in the Russo-Japanese War