5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- FDR dies
- hitler suicide
- they would use them as bases to launch attacks
- Japanese advances halted
- a What happened on april 12, 1945?
- b What happened for the first time at the battle of coral sea?
- c June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
- d What happened on april 30 1945?
- e Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- s, the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler
- s, Navajo troops who used their language to send messages in a code the Japanese were never able to break
- s, FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Yalta. Russia agreed to declare war on Japan after the surrender of Germany and in return FDR and Churchill promised the USSR concession in Manchuria and the territories that it had lost in the Russo-Japanese War
- May 8?
- s, a poor densely populated city district occupied by a minority ethnic group linked together by economic hardship and social restrictions
5 True/False Questions
ll people of Japeneses background be removed from the west coast → What did General DeWitt recommend?
Kamikaze → s, a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
North Africa → What happened on april 12, 1945?
Anti semitism → s, the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler
Rationing → s, a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use