5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ll people of Japeneses background be removed from the west coast
- hitler suicide
- FDR dies
- disbelief, they though it was was war propaganda
- a What did General DeWitt recommend?
- b WHat was the sOviets best ally against German Army?
- c What happened on april 30 1945?
- d What happened on april 12, 1945?
- e What was the initial American reaction to the final Solution?
5 Multiple choice questions
- s, FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Yalta. Russia agreed to declare war on Japan after the surrender of Germany and in return FDR and Churchill promised the USSR concession in Manchuria and the territories that it had lost in the Russo-Japanese War
- s, April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 65 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors. It is called the Death March because so may of the prisoners died en route.
- May 8?
- s, Navajo troops who used their language to send messages in a code the Japanese were never able to break
- June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
5 True/False questions
Anti semitism → s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
final solution → s, the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler
Battle of the bulge → s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
they would use them as bases to launch attacks → Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
Ghetto → WHat was the sOviets best ally against German Army?