← Am.HIS #5 Ch, 24 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Bataan March
- Battle of the bulge
- they would use them as bases to launch attacks
- Anti semitism
- japan surrendered
- a August 15?
- b s, April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 65 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors. It is called the Death March because so may of the prisoners died en route.
- c Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
- d s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
- e s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What happened for the first time at the battle of coral sea?
- What happened on april 12, 1945?
- s, Japanese suicide pilots who loaded their planes with explosives and crashed them into American ships.
- s, a poor densely populated city district occupied by a minority ethnic group linked together by economic hardship and social restrictions
- May 8?
5 True/False Questions
North Africa → Where did American Soldiers enter WWII?
Winter → WHat was the sOviets best ally against German Army?
Code talkers → What happened on april 12, 1945?
d-Day → June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
ll people of Japeneses background be removed from the west coast → Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?