5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ll people of Japeneses background be removed from the west coast
- they would use them as bases to launch attacks
- a s, a poor densely populated city district occupied by a minority ethnic group linked together by economic hardship and social restrictions
- b Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
- c What did General DeWitt recommend?
- d s, Japanese suicide pilots who loaded their planes with explosives and crashed them into American ships.
- e s, a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
5 Multiple choice questions
- s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
- s, the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler
- What happened on april 30 1945?
- s, Navajo troops who used their language to send messages in a code the Japanese were never able to break
- August 15?
5 True/False questions
Winter → s, a poor densely populated city district occupied by a minority ethnic group linked together by economic hardship and social restrictions
Japanese advances halted → What happened for the first time at the battle of coral sea?
FDR dies → June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
disbelief, they though it was was war propaganda → Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
North Africa → What happened on april 12, 1945?