5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- japan surrendered
- Bataan March
- a August 15?
- b WHat was the sOviets best ally against German Army?
- c June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
- d s, a poor densely populated city district occupied by a minority ethnic group linked together by economic hardship and social restrictions
- e s, April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 65 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors. It is called the Death March because so may of the prisoners died en route.
5 Multiple choice questions
- What happened for the first time at the battle of coral sea?
- s, FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Yalta. Russia agreed to declare war on Japan after the surrender of Germany and in return FDR and Churchill promised the USSR concession in Manchuria and the territories that it had lost in the Russo-Japanese War
- s, Japanese suicide pilots who loaded their planes with explosives and crashed them into American ships.
- s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
- Where did American Soldiers enter WWII?
5 True/False questions
ll people of Japeneses background be removed from the west coast → What did General DeWitt recommend?
FDR dies → June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
Germany Surrendered → May 8?
they would use them as bases to launch attacks → What happened for the first time at the battle of coral sea?
final solution → s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.