5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- South English Channel/ control access to Meditteranian
- economic system in which the government decides what to produce, where to make it and what price to charge
- the average number of people living in an area, expressed as persons per square mile
- World War I , World War II
- a Where did the Battle of Trafalgar occur? Why might someone want to control this area of land?
- b What is a command economy?
- c What physical geographic feature has helped to isolate India from the rest of Asia?
- d What is meant by the term population density?
- e What historiacal event might account for the fact that there are feww men above the age of 60?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- When does the Northern Hemisphere have the coldest climate?
- What does a standard living show?
- What are the four factors that influence climate?
- Which physical feature in the Eastern United States was the greatest barrier to westward migration of early American settlers?
- What is reforestation?
5 True/False Questions
clouds cant get over mountains, rains on that side → Describe the orographic effect.
gender, age, birth and death rates, migration patterns → What demographic features help to shape a population pyramid?
percentage of people who can read and write → What does a country's literacy rate measure?
official policies that forced black South Africans to Live in separate area and use separate facilities from White South Africans → What does it mean to be a subsistance farmer?
The Fertile Crecent → What major geographic feature covers all of the southern edge of North Africa?