5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- clouds cant get over mountains, rains on that side
- Appalacian Mountains
- hydroelectric power/ loosing cities and ecosystems
- South English Channel/ control access to Meditteranian
- how wall or how badly people live based on economic development
- a Describe the orographic effect.
- b What are some costs and somebenefits of the Three Gorges Dam in China?
- c Which physical feature in the Eastern United States was the greatest barrier to westward migration of early American settlers?
- d What does a standard living show?
- e Where did the Battle of Trafalgar occur? Why might someone want to control this area of land?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What is reforestation?
- Where did all early civilzations settle?
- What were some problems that deleloped in Eurasian Republics as a result of the fall of Communism in the Soviet Union?
- Whydo so many children in Southern Africa develop diseases?
- What historiacal event might account for the fact that there are feww men above the age of 60?
5 True/False Questions
Middle East → In which region do oil exports serve as the primary economic activity?
spearding of desert conditions → What is destrification?
small scale industries based in the home ex: weave fabrics, carve statues → What are cottage industries? Provide two examples of cottage industries.
East and South China Seas → Along which body of water are most of China's largest cities found?
out dated technology, used soil; too much. all nutrients gone → What is a traditional economy?