Paul Final Exam: CONCEPTS
6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- a formal accusation of misconduct in office against a public official
- prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
- an economic system based on private ownership of capital
- Term used to describe the efforts of the US to further its foreign policy through use of economic power by gaurenteeing loans to foreign countries
- the political theory that if one nation comes under Communist control then neighboring nations will also come under Communist control
- a form of socialism that abolishes private ownership
5 True/False Questions
Isolationism → a belief that the US should stay out of entanglements w/ other Nations; widespread after Spanish-American war & later influenced US foreign policy
Yellow journalism → Journalism that exploits, distorts, or exaggerates the news to create sensations and attract readers.
Monopoly → The exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service; Horizontal & Vertical Integration - Horizontal integration is a monopoly trying to control all of one type of business (Rockefeller). Vertical integration is trying to control all production from raw material to finished product (Carnegie).
Missionary Diplomacy → Woodrow Wilson's idea of the United States' moral responsibility to deny recognition to any Latin American government that was viewed as hostile to American interests.
Fascism → a form of socialism that abolishes private ownership