← CS8 Midterm 3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Difference between the web and the internet
- dial-up access
- a The Web contains the information. The Internet transports information to and from users.
- b record keystrokes to provide cybercriminals with confidential data
- c angry messages sent by other users
- d connects users to the Internet through a modem and a telephone line.
- e a term used to refer to the Internet, is the unlimited span of networks using the same data exchange methods
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a computer file included with an e-mail message.
- spreads from computer to computer by user action
- provides extremely fast Internet access through fiber-optic lines that run directly to users' homes. No modems are required.
- provides a high-speed Internet connection using a cable modem, not a phone line.
- the process of transferring a file or document from one computer to the user's computer
5 True/False Questions
netiquette → an international discussion system available through the Internet.
malware → programs that intentionally harm a computer system or allow individuals to gain access to it without the owner's permission
inclusion operator → generally a plus sign (+), used so that only Web pages including those criteria are retrieved
Business-to-Consumer (B2C) E-Commerce → shopping online rather than at a physical store
cyberstalkers → a term used to refer to the Internet, is the unlimited span of networks using the same data exchange methods