← CS8 Midterm 3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- hyper text
- dial-up access
- memory shaving
- a provide organized subject guide links to topics such as the news, local weather, and e-mail.
- b connects users to the Internet through a modem and a telephone line.
- c uses links to move to additional related information
- d used by search engines to roam the world wide web via the internet
- e knowledgeable thieves remove some of a computer's RAM chips but leave enough to start the computer.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- what the URL is made up of: domain name, path, and resource name.
- a programer alters a program to subtract a small amount of money from an account.
- a form of spyware that generates annoying pop-up and banner ads
- an individual's ability to eliminate the collection, use, and sale of confidential personal information
- a virus program that remains dormant on a computer system until it is activated by a specific event
5 True/False Questions
blog → internet equivalent of a journal
Uniform Resource Locator (URL) → The identification of an Internet resource's type and location is performed through its
fiber-optic service (FiOS) → provides extremely fast Internet access through fiber-optic lines that run directly to users' homes. No modems are required.
Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C) E-Commerce → refers to the exchange of business between individuals. eBay is a good example.
1995-2000 → dot-com boom