5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- exclusion operator
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
- a generally a minus sign (-), are used so that only Web pages excluding those criteria are retrieved
- b The identification of an Internet resource's type and location is performed through its
- c similar to a virus but does not need the action of a user to execute the code and cause damage
- d an individual's ability to eliminate the collection, use, and sale of confidential personal information
- e provide organized subject guide links to topics such as the news, local weather, and e-mail.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a form of spyware that generates annoying pop-up and banner ads
- The first part of a complete URL
- is a document that may include text, graphics, sound, animation, and video.
- connects users to the Internet through a modem and a telephone line.
- internet equivalent of a journal
5 True/False questions
inclusion operator → generally a plus sign (+), used so that only Web pages including those criteria are retrieved
The Domain Name System → a system used by the internet to link domain names with their corresponding IP addresses.
spam → Unsolicited e-mails received by users, usually from advertisers
satellite access → requires a satellite dish in addition to a phone line and modem for an Internet connection.
usenet → an international discussion system available through the Internet.