5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Plate tectonics
- Where are fossils found?
- Fossil Record
- a the formation of new species as a result of evolution
- b In eukaryotic cells, one of the structures in the nucleus that are made up of DNA and protein; in a prokaryotic cell, the main ring of DNA.
- c the history of life in the geologic past as indicated by the traces or remains of living things
- d Layers of rocks
- e The theory that explains how Earth's tectonic plates move and change shape.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Precambrian Time- life and oxygen appears, more complex organisms known as eukaryotes appear
The Paleozoic Era- Cambrian explosion, many marine life forms appear, life on land began, and the Permian Extinction
The Mesozoic Era- dinosaurs, first mammals appeared, K-T extinction
The Cenozoic Era- ice-ages, mammals, humans appear, still Cenezoic Era today
- a plant that lacks specialized conducting tissues and true roots, stems, and leaves.
- the likelihood that a possible future event will occur in any given instance of the event
- the trait observed in the first generation when parents that have different traits are bred.
- gymnosperm- nonflowering
5 True/False Questions
Which organisms do not make good fossils? → Soft organisms.
Recessive trait → a trait that reappears in the second generation after disappearing in the first generation when parents that have different traits are bred.
Phenotype → the entire genetic makeup of an organism
Geologic time scale → ...
How is moss different from an angiosperm? → moss-nonvascular