5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the main events in each of the four time periods?
- What is the equation for photosynthesis?
- Mitosis phase 3 (anaphase)?
- Fossil Record
- Be able to complete a genetic cross and discuss the outcome
- a the history of life in the geologic past as indicated by the traces or remains of living things
- b The paired chromatids seperate and move to opposite sides of the cell.
- c look on pg. 181 in science textbook for an example
- d Precambrian Time- life and oxygen appears, more complex organisms known as eukaryotes appear
The Paleozoic Era- Cambrian explosion, many marine life forms appear, life on land began, and the Permian Extinction
The Mesozoic Era- dinosaurs, first mammals appeared, K-T extinction
The Cenozoic Era- ice-ages, mammals, humans appear, still Cenezoic Era today
- e ...
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the boundaries usually correspond to significant changes in the Earth's history. Most boundaries are defined by the appearance or disappearance of a significant number of species
- The nuclear membrane is dissolved. Paired chromatids align at the cell's equator.
- the entire genetic makeup of an organism
- germination- sprouting
pollination- The transfer of pollen from the male to female
- one of the alternative forms of a gene (that governs a characteristic)
5 True/False Questions
Extinction → the formation of new species as a result of evolution
Why are cyanobacteria important? → a plant that has specialized tissues that conduct materials from one part of the plant to another.
Mitosis phase 4 (telophase)? → A nuclear membrane forms around each set of chromosomes, and the chromosomes decondense. Mitosis is complete.
What are the 3 independent lines of evidence that provide the basis for the theory of evolution? → Geology, Fossils, and Comparative Anatomy
Species → a group of organisms that are closely related and can mate to produce fertile offsring