5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why do the cells need to make ATP? What do they use to make it?
- What determines the boundaries for eras?
- Punnett square
- What is the function of leaves, flowers, and petals?
- a the boundaries usually correspond to significant changes in the Earth's history. Most boundaries are defined by the appearance or disappearance of a significant number of species
- b Adenosine TriphosPhate is made from the process Cell Respiration. ATP supplies energy that fuels cell activities, such as growth.
- c leaves- to make food for the plant
flowers- to help the plant reproduce
petals- to attract insects or other animals to the flower
- d Is used to predict the possible genotypes of an offspring in a particular cross.
- e an organism's appearance or other detectable characteristic
5 Multiple choice questions
- the entire genetic makeup of an organism
- A braching diagram shows the relationships between species and a common ancestor.
- The standard method used to divide Earth's long natural history into managable parts
- Spores are carried to different places
- DeoxyriboNucleic Acid is the hereditary material that directs all cell activities, including the making of new cells. It's located in the nucleus of the cell.
5 True/False questions
Chromosome? → In eukaryotic cells, one of the structures in the nucleus that are made up of DNA and protein; in a prokaryotic cell, the main ring of DNA.
Parts of a flower? → Stamen, pistil, anther, pollen, petal, sepal.
What is germination? Pollination? → germination- sprouting
pollination- The transfer of pollen from the male to female
Law of Superposition? → the formation of new species as a result of evolution
Discuss the four parts of natural selection. → Overproduction- organisms may have many offspring but not all of them survive
Inherited Variation- every individual has its own combination of traits. Each organism is similar but not identical to its parents
Struggle to Survive- some organisms may get caught by predators. others may starve or get diseases. only some of them will survive to adulthood.
Successful Reproduction- the organisms that are best adapted to their environment are likely to have many offspring that survive.