5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the 3 independent lines of evidence that provide the basis for the theory of evolution?
- What determines the boundaries for eras?
- Why is it important for the plant to have sunlight?
- Vascular plant
- a So plants can absorb energy from the sun and change the energy into food through the process called photosynthesis.
- b the boundaries usually correspond to significant changes in the Earth's history. Most boundaries are defined by the appearance or disappearance of a significant number of species
- c Geology, Fossils, and Comparative Anatomy
- d a plant that has specialized tissues that conduct materials from one part of the plant to another.
- e an organism's appearance or other detectable characteristic
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- tells us if the two organisms are similar or related, and also helps us find common ancestor
- Adenosine TriphosPhate is made from the process Cell Respiration. ATP supplies energy that fuels cell activities, such as growth.
- Cyanobacteria are a kind of prokaryotic organism that use sunlight to produce their own food through photosynthesis.
- The principle that states that younger rocks lie above older rocks if the layers have not been disturbed.
5 True/False Questions
Extinction → the death of every member of a species
Genotype → an organism's appearance or other detectable characteristic
Species → a group of organisms that are closely related and can mate to produce fertile offsring
Parts of a flower? → Stamen, pistil, anther, pollen, petal, sepal.
What are the different types of fossils? How are they formed? → Precambrian Time- life and oxygen appears, more complex organisms known as eukaryotes appear
The Paleozoic Era- Cambrian explosion, many marine life forms appear, life on land began, and the Permian Extinction
The Mesozoic Era- dinosaurs, first mammals appeared, K-T extinction
The Cenozoic Era- ice-ages, mammals, humans appear, still Cenezoic Era today