5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Fossil Record
- Punnett square
- What is germination? Pollination?
- Adaptation (be able to discuss particular adaptations)
- a the entire genetic makeup of an organism
- b Is used to predict the possible genotypes of an offspring in a particular cross.
- c germination- sprouting
pollination- The transfer of pollen from the male to female
- d a characteristic that improves an individual's ability to survive and reproduce in a particular environment.
- e the history of life in the geologic past as indicated by the traces or remains of living things
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- So plants can absorb energy from the sun and change the energy into food through the process called photosynthesis.
- The principle that states that younger rocks lie above older rocks if the layers have not been disturbed.
- an organism's appearance or other detectable characteristic
- Cyanobacteria are a kind of prokaryotic organism that use sunlight to produce their own food through photosynthesis.
- Soft organisms.
5 True/False Questions
Mitosis phase 3 (anaphase)? → The paired chromatids seperate and move to opposite sides of the cell.
Cytokenisis? → In eukaryotic cells, one of the structures in the nucleus that are made up of DNA and protein; in a prokaryotic cell, the main ring of DNA.
Green color in plants comes from? → Chlorophyll
Be able to complete a genetic cross and discuss the outcome → look on pg. 181 in science textbook for an example
Allele → Greg Mendel's experiments with pea plants led to the discovery of dominant and recessive traits.