5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- - Dorians
- - Persians
- - Attila the Hun
- - Spartans
- - Minoans
- a People of persia
- b Sternly disciplined and war-like people
- c Uneducated peoples that moved to the Mycenaean areas and ruined their culture. Little is known about them because they kept no written records
- d The chief of the Huns
- e Ancient peoples who lived in Crete and were ruled by king Minos, lived in the city of Knossos, influenced Mycenaean religion, art, politics, literature, and writing
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Mountainous peninsula, 2000 islands in the Aegean and Ionian seas, black sea, temperatures between 48-80 Seas were important transportation routes, connected Greece with other societies and each other, Greece lacked natural resources so they were able to trade for them Mountains divided land into multiple regions effecting political life, independent communities developed in each valley, transportation was difficult because of mountains, little fertile land or fresh water for farming Moderate temperatures supported outdoor life
- Ruler of Rome after second triumvirate Augustus=exalted one
- (monarchy (king) aristocracy (ruled by a group of nobility) oligarchy (ruled by a few powerful people) democracy (rule by the people) direct democracy (people make direct decisions) tyrants (powerful individuals that seized control of the government by gaining support of the people) etc.
- a seaport in N egypt, in the Nile delta: founded in 332 b.c. by Alexander the Great; ancient center of learning.
- Athenian runner who secured aid from Sparta in the struggle between the Athenians and Persians
5 True/False Questions
- Mark Antony → temple in Athens built for athena
- First triumvirate → Julius Caesar Crassus and Pompey
- Mediterranean Sea → A sea surrounded by Africa, Europe, and Asia
- Alexander the Great's Empire → a seaport in N egypt, in the Nile delta: founded in 332 b.c. by Alexander the Great; ancient center of learning.
- Virgil → poet