← Ecology Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- density of a population
- temperate deciduous forest
- gross primary productivity
- Without decomposers...
- a # of individuals per unit area/volume
- b eat detritus
- c amount of energy converted to chemical energy by photosynthesis per unit time in an ecosystem
- d aka Boreal Forest
trees drop their leaves during winter
rich soil b/c of leaf litter
NE of N America, south of taiga
more plant species than taiga
bears... dormant during winter!
- e the plants would die, therefore no life because decomposers put nutrients back into the soil.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- organisms stay in groups together for protection
- organism changes DIET in order to decrease competition
- NH₄⁺ --> NO₂⁻ --> NO₃⁻
ammonium acids to nitrites to nitrates
- radiation on males insects... released but no fertile babies: male sterile
- pathway along which energy is transferred from one trophic or feeding level to another
5 True/False Questions
net primary productivity = → herbivores that eat producers
biotic factors → other organisms that an organism might interact with
Regardless of whether a population has a large or small biotic potential, certain characteristics about growth are... → common to all organisms.
mutualism → both organisms benefit (+/+)
primary consumers → final stable community of primary eco. succession