5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Timber, Oil, Mining, Aircraft, Fishing, Insurance, Natural gas,
- Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia
- 100,000, 6,500
- China, Korea, Japan, India
- a What 4 main groups invested heavily in Vancouver?
- b What are the main resources/industries in modern Canada?
- c How many Canadians served in the Royal Canadian Navy during World War II, and how many died?
- d __% of all US oil imports come from Canada
- e 60,000 refugees immigrated from these three countries in 1979 and 1980
5 Multiple choice questions
- The St. Lawrence Seaway was completed in what year?
- What are the 3 territories of Canada?
- What does UNESCO stand for (mentioned in notes, but not sure if important)?
- How many Canadians died in World War II?
- What province was the first with hospital insurance plan and universal prepaid medical care?
5 True/False questions
2nd → By 1957, Canada was a leading oil producer, and now has the ___ largest reserves.
Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan → These 3 provinces have the most oil reserves.
A debt nation → Prior to WW1, Canada was what kind of nation?
Canadian education post WWII → numbers of teachers and schools double because baby boom, vets
3rd → By 1957, Canada was a leading oil producer, and now has the ___ largest reserves.