5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- True or False: Free African Americans made up on fifth's of the South's population by 1860
- True or False: Slave codes made it a crime for slaves to learn how to read and write.
- How did the practice of slavery hurt the development of southern industry?
- a Treating a person as if he/she was property
- b False
- c True
- d Slaves had no money to buy manufactured goods.
- e Skilled worker.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Event in which workers refuse to do their jobs.
- one track, it would catch anything close on fire from the sparks, tracks were laid on soft soil so they would collapse, but got goods around faster and helped business.
- Separated the seeds from the fibers
- MA in 1842
5 True/False Questions
What invention created a boom in the cotton industry? → 32%
What victory did Organized factory workers gain in 1842? → Cotton gin.
Trade Union → Event in which workers refuse to do their jobs.
What fraction of the South was enslaved? → 32%
Which states were apart of cotton kingdom → South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, and Texas.