5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Any organism that receives the same genetic information from each of its parents.
- b a polysaccharide that is the chief constituent of all plant tissues and fibers.
- c Process by which green plants and other organisms use sunlight to synthesize foods from carbon dioxide and water.
- d a pentose sugar important as a component of ribonucleic acid
- e Tiny prokaryotic organisms from the kingdom Monera.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- To produce offspring by a sexual or asexual process.
- The combination of all the communities and abiotic factors in an environment
- One of the nitrogenous bases in DNA and RNA, a purine that pairs with thymine or uracil
- A similar pair of chromosomes, one from the mother and one from the father
- messenger RNA.
5 True/False Questions
Exoskeleton → A hard covering on the outside of an animal that provides support, protection, and a point of attachment for muscles
Glycolysis → Breakdown of glucose by enzymes, and releasing energy and pyruvic.
Enzymes → Substance produced by a living organism that acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific biochemical reaction.
Apparatus → a complex structure within an organization or system.
Gene → Microorganism (esp. the ones that cause disease). Or, a portion of an organism that is capable of developing into a new one or part of one.