5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Spindle Fibers
- a Microtubules that form when a cell divides.
- b being assigned to a group of similar items, actions, or concepts. Animals and plants are classified by their similarities to other organisms.
- c Living freely and independently, not as a parasite or a attached to a substrate.
- d Cytoplasmic division of a cell at the end of mitosis or meiosis bringing about the separation into two daughter cells.
- e Contraction of the protoplast of a plant cell as a result of loss of water from the cell.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- To treat an individual with a vaccine to produce immunity against a disease.
- Organisms that consume both plants and animals.
- The process of transferring information from a strand of DNA to a strand of mRNA.
- A comparison two or more objects using percentages or fractions.
- Last stage of cell division. Two daughter cells form, nuclear envelopes form around chromosomes. Chromosomes uncoil, creating chromatin. Mitotic spindles disassemble.
5 True/False Questions
Photosynthesis → Stable balance between interdependent elements.
Vacuole → A haploid reproductive unit of plants that produces the gametophyte phase. I's hard outer surface is specialized for dispersal.
Nadph → Abbreviation for nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate
Anatomy → A substance that is acquired from various kinds of red seaweed. It is also used in biological culture media as well as in food to thicken it.
Protists → Complex macromolecule composed of amino acids.