5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Amorphous solid
- How are crystalline solids classified?
- Crystalline Solid
- Unit cell
- a solid whose atoms, ions or molecules are arranged in an orderly, geometric, 3D structure.
- b by their shape and composition
- c a solid in which particles are not arranged in a regular, repeating pattern that often is formed when molten material cools too quickly to form crystals
- d the smallest arrangement of atoms in a crystal lattice that has the same symmetry as the whole crystal; a small representative part of the larger whole.
- e the process in which vaporization occurs only at the surface of a liquid
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- measure of average kinetic energy of particles in a sample of matter
- describes behavior of gases in terms of particles in motion; makes several assumptions about size, motion and energy of gas particles
- states that the total pressure of a mixture of gases is equal tot he sum of pressures of all the gases in a mixture
- they are in a low-density state consisting of tiny, constantly moving particles
- the temperature at which a liquid is converted into a crystalline solid.
5 True/False Questions
Pascal (Pa) → SI unit of pressure. Equal to the force of 1 newton/m2
hydrogen bond → the process in which vaporization occurs only at the surface of a liquid
viscosity → the movement of one material through another from an area of higher concentration to lower concentration
Graham's Law of Effusion → used to compare the diffusion rates of 2 gases
Rate A/Rate B = square root of molar mass b/molar mass a
dipole-dipole force → intermolecular forces between temporary dipoles