5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Thutmosis I & Thutmosis III
- Bronze Age
- a The area between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers where early cities flourished.
- b Pharaohs of the New Kingdom, they conquered Nubia, Palestine, and Phoenicia.
- c 3000 - 1200 B.C. About 4000 B.C. craftspeople discovered that if you combined copper and tin you made bronze, which was more durable than previous copper tools, leading to the bronze age.
- d Worshipping more than one god.
- e Creators of the Mesopotamian civilization. By 3000 B.c. they had established several independent cities in southern Mesopotamia including Eridu, Ur, Uruk, Umma, and Lagash.
5 Multiple choice questions
- "Wise, wise human being." Appeared in Africa between 200,000 and 150,000 years ago and spread out about 100,000 years ago. By 10,000 B.C. had replaced the Neanderthals and are all around the world.
- Hammurabi was the 6th king of the Amorite dynasty.
- A mixture of local people and Indo European immigrants, founders of the Hittite Empire, first Indo Europeans to use iron. Assimilated other cultures and religions into its empire, transformed the culture of Mesopotamia, and passed it on to Mycenaean Greeks. Empire was destroyed by the Sea People.
- Leader of the Akkadians, a semitic people north of Sumeria, who overran the Sumerian city states in 2340 B.C. and established his own empire. Brought prosperity but his successors couldn't keep it going and the Sumerian City states re-established themselves for a final time before being conquered by Hammurabi.
- Established the Mitanni kingdom in the 16th century B.C. in the mountainous northern border of Mesopotamia.
5 True/False questions
Invention of the wheel → 3000 B.C.
Homo Erectus → "Upright human being." Emerged 1.5 million years ago, used more varied tools and was the first hominid to leave Africa and move to Europe and Asia.
Ma'at → A spiritual precept that conveyed the idea of truth and justice, especially right order and harmony.
Paleolithic → "New Stone." 10,000 - 4000 B.C. People developed agriculture and raised livestock, stopped being nomadic, started living in permanent larger cities, developed specialized trades, divided labor, and men came to dominate society.
Nomes → A Semitic speaking people who invaded Egypt and brought the Middle Kingdom to an end in the 17th century B.C. They introduced Bronze Age technology for new tools and weapons, heavier swords, the compound bow, and the horse-drawn war chariot. Eventually, the Egyptians used the war technology to get rid of the Hyksos.