5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Kingdom
- Amenhotep III
- Homo Erectus
- a The Egyptian imperial state reached it's height under III and the achievements were visible in new buildings and temples like Karnak and Luxor and III's 70 foot tall statue.
- b "Upright human being." Emerged 1.5 million years ago, used more varied tools and was the first hominid to leave Africa and move to Europe and Asia.
- c "Old Stone." 2,500,000 - 10,000 B.C. People were hunter-gatherers, nomadic, lived in small groups of 20-30, and made tools, weapons and shelters which became increasingly sophisticated. The cave paintings date from this era.
- d 1550-1070 B.C. Ahmose I defeated the Hyksos and established the New Kingdom as a militaristic, imperialist country.
- e "Wedge-shaped" writing made with a reed stylus on clay tablets, dating to around 3000 B.C. Initially used by Sumerians then by others later, writing was mostly for recordkeeping then literature.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Wife of Thutmosis II, she ruled as Pharaoh after his death.
- Successor of Akhenaten, he undid the religious changes, moved the capital back to Thebes, but the empire was failing.
- A spiritual precept that conveyed the idea of truth and justice, especially right order and harmony.
- Changed his name to Akhenaten and prohibited any worship except to the got Aten, causing religious strife. He changed the capital, ignored foreign affairs and lost Syria and Palestine.
- The provinces of Egypt, ruled by a Nomarch.
5 True/False questions
Neanderthals → "New Stone." 10,000 - 4000 B.C. People developed agriculture and raised livestock, stopped being nomadic, started living in permanent larger cities, developed specialized trades, divided labor, and men came to dominate society.
Hammurabi → 1792 - 1750 B.C. Created a strict code of 282 laws governing crime, commerce, land, marriage based on "an eye for an eye" and financial restitution.
Middle Kingdom → 2055 - 1650 B.C. An era of stability and vitality during which government was reorganized, fortified, and the country expanded.
Suppilulimas → A Hittite king (1370-1330 B.C.) who established control from Western Turkey to Northern Syria, destroyed the power of the Mitanni kingdom, formed an alliance with Egypt and conquered Syria.
Homo Sapiens → Third stage of human development, appeared 250,000 years ago.