5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Middle Kingdom
- Book of the Dead
- a Trying to determine the will of the gods and your own future.
- b 2055 - 1650 B.C. An era of stability and vitality during which government was reorganized, fortified, and the country expanded.
- c The book of instructions for the preservation of the body and judgement of the dead by Osiris for Egyptians.
- d First built during the Old Kingdom, the pyramids were tombs for royals and the wealthy. The largest was built in Giza for Khufu around 2600 B.C.
- e Government by divine authority.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "Large stone" like the ones used in Stonehenge, constructed 2100 - 1900 B.C.
- Running through Egypt, the Nile provided transportation, it's annual flooding provided fertile soil and food, and it became the center of Egyptian civilization.
- Creators of the Mesopotamian civilization. By 3000 B.c. they had established several independent cities in southern Mesopotamia including Eridu, Ur, Uruk, Umma, and Lagash.
- A Hittite king (1370-1330 B.C.) who established control from Western Turkey to Northern Syria, destroyed the power of the Mitanni kingdom, formed an alliance with Egypt and conquered Syria.
- A subset of Homo Sapiens, appeared in 100,000 B.C.. Remains have been found in Europe and the Middle East. Used a variety of stone tools and were the first early humans to bury their dead.
5 True/False Questions
Neolithic → "New Stone." 10,000 - 4000 B.C. People developed agriculture and raised livestock, stopped being nomadic, started living in permanent larger cities, developed specialized trades, divided labor, and men came to dominate society.
Ma'at → A spiritual precept that conveyed the idea of truth and justice, especially right order and harmony.
Hatshepsut → Wife of Thutmosis II, she ruled as Pharaoh after his death.
Hammurabi → 1792 - 1750 B.C. Created a strict code of 282 laws governing crime, commerce, land, marriage based on "an eye for an eye" and financial restitution.
Amorites → A mixture of local people and Indo European immigrants, founders of the Hittite Empire, first Indo Europeans to use iron. Assimilated other cultures and religions into its empire, transformed the culture of Mesopotamia, and passed it on to Mycenaean Greeks. Empire was destroyed by the Sea People.