5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- emotional abuse
- a bacterial; most dangerous but curable STD
- b saying abuse didn't happen
- c person doesn't address conflict, lose-lose
- d both parties work to satisfy as many needs of each other as can in conflict, win-win
- e virus; primary cause of cervical cancer
5 Multiple choice questions
- controlling what a person does, who they talk to, and where they go
- statement focuses on someone else's behavior rather than your feelings. Ex: "You are so selfish"
- trying to make partner feel guilty about time spent with children
- rephrasing speaker's words. Ex: "I know that Bob's a little sick and Angie's being a brat"
- count to ten, take deep breaths, watch a movie, take a walk
5 True/False questions
accomodation → person gives in to other person, lose-win
economic abuse → saying abuse didn't happen
body language → statement focuses on someone else's behavior rather than your feelings. Ex: "You are so selfish"
aggressive → overly powerful, pushy, or hostile. Ex: throwing your dinner plate at your older brother when he makes fun of you
depression → extreme sadness that lasts for more than a few days