5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- B, Si, As, Te, Sb, Ge
- diatomic molecule
- Noble Gases
- a when an atom is capable of taking, giving, or sharing electrons to form a chemical bond with another atom
- b the chemical symbols of the 6 metalloids
- c a reaction in which an acid combines with a base to form salt and water
- d a family of unreactive elements
- e an ion made of two or more atoms that are covalently bonded together that act like a single ion
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- atoms that have the same number of protons but different numbers of neutrons
- a reaction in which elements combine to form a compound
- Electrons move in definite orbits around the nucleus, like planets circle the sun.
- arranged the periodic table by increasing atomic mass
- An atom has a nucleus surrounded by a large region, where the most likely location for an electron can be found.
5 True/False Questions
electron → a substance whose water solution conducts an electric current
deposition → type of reaction electrolysis is used for
Thomson's Theory → Atoms are divisible (made up of subatomic particles).
ionic → what type of compound would have a high melting point and would be solid, brittle and hard?
-1 → what charge does a fluorine ion have?