5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- valence electrons
- covalent bond
- a the force of attraction between the nuclei of atoms and the electrons shared by the atoms
- b the change of a substance from a solid to a liquid
- c atoms that have the same number of protons but different numbers of neutrons
- d the subatomic particles involved in forming chemical bonds
- e a combination of two or more substances that are not chemically combined
5 Multiple choice questions
- what color would pH paper turn in water?
- a reaction in which an acid combines with a base to form salt and water
- matter that has only one kind of atom
- is milk of magnesia an acid or a base?
- in what period is Neptunium found?
5 True/False questions
product → a positively charged atom in the nucleus of an atom
electromagnetic force → force that holds the electrons in place around the nucleus
elements and compounds → matter that has only one kind of atom
1 amu → a substance that ionizes to produce (OH-) ions
sublimation → a mixture in which particles of a material are dispersed throughout a liquid or gas but are large enough that they settle out