← histology Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- nervous tissue
- connective tissue
- fibrous connective tissue
- a formation of scar tissue
- b tissue that holds organs in place and binds different parts of the body together
- c small hair-like canals extending from the central canal. Allow for diffusion of nutrients, waste products, hormones, etc. to lacunae.
- d A dense tissue with large numbers of collagenous fibers organized into parallel bundles. This is the dominant tissue in tendons and ligaments.
- e A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped by the heart
- matrix packed with elastic fibers, making it more flexible. found in external ear and epiglottis of larynx
- rigid connective tissue that makes up the skeleton of vertebrates
- white blood cell
- A type of intercellular junction in animal cells that allows the passage of material or current between cells
5 True/False Questions
intercalated discs → Rings that provide a strong connection between cardiac muscle cells, to prevent tears and leaks in the heart.
simple squamous epithelium → A single layer of thin, flat cells. It is often found where diffusion or filtration take place (alveoli in lungs, kidneys). It also covers organs in the pericardial, pleural, and peritoneal cavities.
osteocyte → white blood cell
regeneration → (biology) growth anew of lost tissue or destroyed parts or organs
apotosis → The natural programmed death of a cell; the residual fragments are disposed of by phagocytosis.