5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- reticular connective tissue
- stratified cuboidal epithelial
- endocrine gland
- a rigid connective tissue that makes up the skeleton of vertebrates
- b Connective tissue that contains reticular fibers and cells; used to make the framework of major organs
- c small spaces between the lamellae which contain osteocytes
- d any of the glands of the endocrine system that secrete hormones directly into the bloodstream
- e epithilial cell.... cube shaped.
fn: protection; secretion; absorption
loco: lining of some ducts (rare)
5 Multiple choice questions
- a mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues
- A body tissue that contracts or shortens, making body parts move.
- a thin membrane lining the closed cavities of the body
- nerve cells
- a connective tissue that is more flexible than bone and that protects the ends of bones and keeps them from rubbing together
5 True/False questions
soma → the fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped by the heart
mesoderm → membranelike tissue lining the digestive tract
necrosis → Death of tissue
endoderm → the outer germ layer that develops into skin and nervous tissue
fibrous connective tissue → A dense tissue with large numbers of collagenous fibers organized into parallel bundles. This is the dominant tissue in tendons and ligaments.