6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- If you complete your work before five o'clock, you may leave.
- a clause that is not a complet sentence by itself becaseu it gegins with a subordinating word (when, after, if, since, etc)
- On Saturday, December 23, 1946, in a little church at 421 May Street, Mayfield, Illinois, Sarah and James were married.
- a group of words containing a subject and a verb
- "Tell me, Mary, "asked her mother, "did you have a good time?"
5 True/False questions
To set off non-restrictive elements (Apositives) → It is my opinion, therefore, that you should take the job.
non-restrictive element → a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
To separate items in a series of three or more → I do not think, Tome, that your dad likes me
independent clause → a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
After Introductory words or expressions (adverbs or transitions) → I do not think, Tome, that your dad likes me