6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a clause that is not a complet sentence by itself becaseu it gegins with a subordinating word (when, after, if, since, etc)
- For And Nor But Or Yet So
- For his birthday he received a shirt, a tie, and a pair of pants.
- I do not think, Tome, that your dad likes me
- On Saturday, December 23, 1946, in a little church at 421 May Street, Mayfield, Illinois, Sarah and James were married.
5 True/False questions
When dependent/introductory clauses precede independent clauses → If you complete your work before five o'clock, you may leave.
non-restrictive element → a word, phrase, or clause which can be omitted without changing the meaning of the sentence
To separate consecutive adjectives preceding and modifying the same noun → For his birthday he received a shirt, a tie, and a pair of pants.
To set off non-restrictive elements (Apositives) → It is my opinion, therefore, that you should take the job.
When independent clauses are joined with a coordinating conjunction → I like American history, But I never can memorize dates