6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- For his birthday he received a shirt, a tie, and a pair of pants.
- I do not think, Tome, that your dad likes me
- If you complete your work before five o'clock, you may leave.
- On Saturday, December 23, 1946, in a little church at 421 May Street, Mayfield, Illinois, Sarah and James were married.
- Nevertheless, her hours are flexible.
5 True/False questions
non-restrictive element → a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
After an introductory phrase which is four words or longer (do not use a comma if the introductory phrase is followed by a verbis four words or longs → In a manner of speaking, we all threw in the towel.
dependent/introductory clause → a clause that is not a complet sentence by itself becaseu it gegins with a subordinating word (when, after, if, since, etc)
clause → For And Nor But Or Yet So
To set off expressions that designate the source of a quotation (dont use if quoted question or exclimation is followed by explanatory words, or if quatation is introduced by "that") → "Tell me, Mary, "asked her mother, "did you have a good time?"