6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- In a manner of speaking, we all threw in the towel.
- For And Nor But Or Yet So
- Enclosed is a stamped, self-addressed envelope
- If you complete your work before five o'clock, you may leave.
- a word, phrase, or clause which can be omitted without changing the meaning of the sentence
5 True/False questions
To separate items in a series of three or more → For his birthday he received a shirt, a tie, and a pair of pants.
dependent/introductory clause → a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
independent clause → a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself
To set off dates, addresses, and titles (do not use with dates consisting of only the month and the year) → On Saturday, December 23, 1946, in a little church at 421 May Street, Mayfield, Illinois, Sarah and James were married.
To set off words used in direct address → It is my opinion, therefore, that you should take the job.