6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- I like American history, But I never can memorize dates
- In a manner of speaking, we all threw in the towel.
- a clause that is not a complet sentence by itself becaseu it gegins with a subordinating word (when, after, if, since, etc)
- For And Nor But Or Yet So
- Enclosed is a stamped, self-addressed envelope
5 True/False Questions
To separate items in a series of three or more → For his birthday he received a shirt, a tie, and a pair of pants.
To set off non-restrictive elements (Apositives) → a word, phrase, or clause which can be omitted without changing the meaning of the sentence
clause → a group of words containing a subject and a verb
To set off expressions that designate the source of a quotation (dont use if quoted question or exclimation is followed by explanatory words, or if quatation is introduced by "that") → For his birthday he received a shirt, a tie, and a pair of pants.
coordinating conjunction → a clasue that is a complet sentence by itself