6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Enclosed is a stamped, self-addressed envelope
- In a manner of speaking, we all threw in the towel.
- a group of words containing a subject and a verb
- a clause that is not a complet sentence by itself becaseu it gegins with a subordinating word (when, after, if, since, etc)
- Nevertheless, her hours are flexible.
5 True/False questions
To set off non-restrictive elements (Apositives) → a word, phrase, or clause which can be omitted without changing the meaning of the sentence
When independent clauses are joined with a coordinating conjunction → I like American history, But I never can memorize dates
When dependent/introductory clauses precede independent clauses → If you complete your work before five o'clock, you may leave.
To set off expressions that designate the source of a quotation (dont use if quoted question or exclimation is followed by explanatory words, or if quatation is introduced by "that") → It is my opinion, therefore, that you should take the job.
non-restrictive element → a word, phrase, or clause which can be omitted without changing the meaning of the sentence