5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How is the body affected by strong diagonal lines?
- What does the color wheel consist of and what is its purpose?
- What is the standard seam allowance for garments?
- When using a conventional machine, in which direction should you pull the 2 threads before sewing?
- What is Tactile Texture? What is an example of Tactile Texture?
- a 5/8 inch.
- b How the fabric feels. An example would be that cotton jersey feels soft.
- c It adds excitement and draws attention to the person.
- d The 12 colors in a circle to display how the colors are related to each other.
- e Back behind the presser foot.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When you use 3 colors that are right next to each other on the color wheel (an example would be red, red-orange, and orange)
When you use 2 colors that are direct opposites on the color wheel (an example would be blue and orange)
When you use a neutral color, such as black, white, or gray, and put an accent color with it (an example would be gray and blue)
When you use 1 color and you use different values of that color (an example would be blue, light-blue, and navy-blue)
- Fit-and-flare. A type of garment with that shape would be bellbottom jeans.
- The lightness or darkness of a color. An example would be light-blue.
- It is another name for a color. An example would be blue.
5 True/False questions
What do you use to take out stitches when you make a mistake? → A seam-ripper.
What is Full Shape? What type of garment has a Full Shape? → Baggy. A type of garment with that shape would be sweats.
What are the Neutral colors? → The brightness or dullness of a color.
What is a Shade of a color? What is an example of a Shade of a color? → A color that is lightened by adding white. An example would be pink.
What is Visual Texture? What is an example of Visual Texture? → How the fabric feels. An example would be that cotton jersey feels soft.