5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is Bell Shape? What type of garment has a Bell Shape?
- What is an Analogus color scheme?
What is a Complementary color scheme?
What is an Accented-Neutral color scheme?
What is a Monochramatic color scheme?
What are examples of each color scheme?
- What is a Tint of a color? What is an example of a Tint of a color?
- What is Natural Shape? What type of garment has a Natural Shape?
- What is Tactile Texture? What is an example of Tactile Texture?
- a A color that is lightened by adding white. An example would be pink.
- b Follows the body's natural outline. A type of garment with that shape is skinny jeans.
- c Fit-and-flare. A type of garment with that shape would be bellbottom jeans.
- d When you use 3 colors that are right next to each other on the color wheel (an example would be red, red-orange, and orange)
When you use 2 colors that are direct opposites on the color wheel (an example would be blue and orange)
When you use a neutral color, such as black, white, or gray, and put an accent color with it (an example would be gray and blue)
When you use 1 color and you use different values of that color (an example would be blue, light-blue, and navy-blue)
- e How the fabric feels. An example would be that cotton jersey feels soft.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The colors that appear halfway between the primary colors. They are green, violet, and orange.
- The brightness or dullness of a color.
- It means that every garment has to have a function. For example, in the winter time you would wear long-sleeves, sweatpants, a heavy coat, and boots because they would keep you warm in the cold weather. That is the outfit's function, to keep you warm.
- How the fabric looks like it would feel. An example would be that silk and satin look soft.
5 True/False questions
What are the Primary colors? List them. → The colors from which all colors are made. They are red, blue, and yellow.
When using a conventional machine, in which direction should you pull the 2 threads before sewing? → Back behind the presser foot.
What are the 5 elements of design? → Color, Line, Shape, Space, and Texture
How is the body affected by strong diagonal lines? → It makes the person look taller and thinner.
How is the body affected by strong vertical lines? → It makes the person look taller and thinner.