5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is Visual Texture? What is an example of Visual Texture?
- How is the body affected by strong vertical lines?
- What are 3 safety rules for using the sewing machine?
- What is the standard seam allowance for garments?
- When using a conventional machine, in which direction should you pull the 2 threads before sewing?
- a How the fabric looks like it would feel. An example would be that silk and satin look soft.
- b It makes the person look taller and thinner.
- c Use a slow speed, keep your fingers and head away from the machine, and don't stitch over pins.
- d Back behind the presser foot.
- e 5/8 inch.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Fit-and-flare. A type of garment with that shape would be bellbottom jeans.
- The rest of the colors on the color wheel. They are blue-green, blue-violet, yellow-green, yellow-orange, red-violet, and red-orange.
- The lightness or darkness of a color. An example would be light-blue.
- It adds excitement and draws attention to the person.
5 True/False questions
What is a Tint of a color? What is an example of a Tint of a color? → A color that is darkened by adding black. An example would be navy-blue.
How is the body affected by strong horizontal lines? → It adds excitement and draws attention to the person.
What are the 5 elements of design? → The brightness or dullness of a color.
What are the Neutral colors? → They are black, white, and gray.
What are the Primary colors? List them. → The colors from which all colors are made. They are red, blue, and yellow.