5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is formed through the tRNA and Anticodon connection?
- DNA/RNA has to:
- Step Five of Replication of DNA
- a A polypeptide bond. (Amino Acid)
- b Active in the 1950's, uses x-ray defraction to show X-pattern --> suggests DNA is coiled.
- c recoil: hydrogen bonds form, and helicase recoils helix
- d Stuides bases of DNA molecule, determines that there is an equal percentage of Adenine to Thymine, and Cytosine to Guanine.
- e 1. carry information from one generation to the next
2. be easily replicated
3. carry information that has to code for traits of the organism
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a cell is the basic unit of life, all cells com from other cells and all living things are made of cells
- Long single-stranded chain of alternating phosphate and ribose units with the bases adenine, guanine, cytosine, and uracil. The sugar in RNA is ribose.
- transfer RNA; type of RNA that carries amino acids to the ribosome
- helicase unzips DNA strand
- Active in 1920's, identifies bacterial transformation, discovered that a mystery element is being passed through.
5 True/False Questions
How many different kinds of amino acids are there? → Amino Acids
Hershey and Chase → discovered structure of DNA molecule, two chains wrapped around an axis, "twisted ladder" double helix
rRNA → The most abundant type of RNA, which together with proteins froms the structure of ribosomes. Ribosomes coordinate the sequential coupling of tRNA molecules to mRNA codons; also called ribosomal RNA.
Step Three of Replication of DNA → rebuild:DNA Polymerase adds complementary nucleotides to template strand
gene → stretch of DNA that codes for a protein ---> protein controls trait.