5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- BRAIN TUMOR
- GOWN, GLOVES & MASK
- TACTILE STIMULATION
- a Emotional care & _____ ______ are still vital to infant with Spina Bifida. Have parents hold baby's hand and talk gently to him or her.
- b Post Op, Spina Bifida, if not emptying bladder, this might be put in or a clean intermittent catheterization may need to be done.
- c diet is prescribed for children who sometimes do not respond well to seizure medications. high fats & low carbs & produces Ketoacidosis in the body. Also reduce fluid intake.
- d wear when taking care of child with Meningitis or Encephalitis
- e S & S of this is slight behavior change, poor school performance, change in coordination, diabetes insipidus, growth abnormalities, severe AM headache that causes vomiting. Can develop slowly or over weeks.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Near sightedness
- Posterior fontanel closes when?
- prescribed for seizures, child will probably develop gingival hyperplasia. Need to advise dental treatment within 6 weeks of starting med & continuous check-ups. Teach client good oral hygiene.
- type of Meningitis BACTERIAL or VIRAL is more serious of the two
- This results from 1) increased production, 2) decreased absorption or 3)blockage of flow of CSF. Blockage can be from infections, ventricular hemorrhages, tumors, cysts or malformations.
5 True/False Questions
PRONE & SIDE → When feeding baby w/Spina Bifida, place on parent's lap in _____ position with head turned to one ______.
HIB, STREP, E COLI → Bacterial meningitis is caused by what bacterias?
SIDE LYING → seizure position.
WIDENING PULSE → Herniation of the meninges through the vertebral defect
SPINA BIFIDA → if this and or the spinal nerves are affected in Spina Bifida, there will be flaccid paralysis, bowel & bladder incontinence and sensory defects.