5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Kosh Postulates
- Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek
- Kingdom Plantae
- a The diffusion of water across a selectively permeable membrane
- b Second quickest source of energy
- c multicellular plants. (ex. Oak tree)
- d observed "animalcules" from teeth scraping. First observed sperm.
- e Isolate the suspected agent from disease vitcim. Grow agent in pure culture. Infect new host showing the organism produces the classic clinical case. Isolate same organism from new victim.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (differential Stain)stain that determines cell wall thickness.
- A class of nutrients made of sugars; these nutrients include sugar, starch, and fiber. All but fiber provide energy. Often referred to in the plural, carbohydrates.
- Total weight of an atom. Equal to the number of protons and neutrons with little extra added by the electrons.
- volumes of space in which an electron is likely to be found
- disintegration or rupture of the cell.
5 True/False Questions
Lophotrichous → flagella at both poles of the cell
plasmids → contains carbon, hydrogen, oxyge, and nitrogen. source of energy. needed by tissue for repair and growth. made up of 20 amino acids.
Mycoplasma → water based solution filling entire cell
General Purpose Agar → stain purple
Polysaccharide → Large fat molecules composed of three parts fatty acid and one part glycerol (Fats and Oils) Major component of cell membranes. (lipid)