Microbiology Chapter 1-4+
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Mixture of one or more substances
- b Study of viruses
- c substances left by a reaction
- d Variety of shape (SHAPE)
- e (Eukaryotic) part of the cell that makes amino acids (organelle)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Newer Bacteria, Stap, strep etc. (Kingdom Eubacteria)
- made up of a 5 carbon sugar, a phosphate, and a nitrogen containing base.
- Natural (Nautral enviroment) Also synthetic Agar (red Algae) could also use gelatin.
- bacteria that lack cell wall
- a helical structure in diameter and varies from 1 to 70 microns in length. Part of flagella.
5 True/False Questions
Robert Koch → 1881- grows bacteria on solid media (Hesse probably did use agar first)
Lysis → disintegration or rupture of the cell.
Facilitated Diffusion → time for growing bacteria
Lous Pasteur → Fermentation and Pasteurization
sporulation → asexual reproduction by the production and release of spores