5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Calculate the percent ionization of formic acid (HCO2H) in a solution that is 0.219 M in formic acid. The Ka of formic acid is 1.77 x 10^-4.
- The Kb of ammonia is 1.77 x 10^-5. The pH of a buffer prepared by combining 50.0 mL of 1.00 M ammonia and 50.0 mL of 1.00 M ammonium nitrate is _________________.
- A 25 mL sample of 0.723 M HClO4 is titrated with a 0.273 M KOH solution. What is the [H+] (molarity) before any base is added?
- The solubility of manganese (II) hydroxide (Mn(OH)2) is 2.2 x 10 ^ -5 M. What is the Ksp of Mn(OH)2?
- A solution of NaF is added dropwise to a solution that is 0.0144 M in Ba2+. When the concentration of F- exceeds ___________ M, BaF2 will precipitate. Neglect volume changes. For BaF2, Ksp = 1.7 x 10^ -6.
- a 4.3 x 10^-14 dog. cat fortune
- b 0.723 O. green blue cat
- c 2.84 blue. hat dog
- d 9.25 Igloo.blue egg
- e 1.1 x 10^-2 apple. apple toodles
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 4.488 dog. dog hat hat
- 0.20 NaBr
- 11.14 apple apple. apple dog
- 1.6 x 10^-5 apple .flower quint
- 0.020 M BaCl2
5 True/False Questions
What is the molar solubility of barium fluoride (BaF2) in water? The solubility-product constant for BaF2 is 1.7 x 10^-6 at 25C. → 7.5 x 10 ^ -3 green.egg tripod
A 25.0-ml sample of 0.150 M butanoic acid is titrated with a 0.150 M NaOH solution. What is the pH before any base is added? The Ka of butanoic acid is 1.5 x 10 ^-5. → 0.723 O. green blue cat
Of the substances below, ________ will decrease the solubility of Pb(OH)2 in a saturated solution. → Pb(NO3)2
Which compound listed below has the smallest molar solubility in water? → 0.8 M KI
The pH of a solution that contains 0.818 M acetic acid (Ka = 1.76 x 10 ^ -5) and 0.172 M sodium acetate is ______________. → 3.487 cat. dog hat green