5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Compare and contrast the two paintings of Mrs. Siddons.
- a) The Rococo flourished first and foremost in what area? (b) Describe what is meant by this term.
- _______________ wrote The Beggar's Opera
- What were the major contributions of Rococo theater?
- Who was Thomas Gainsborough?
- a the favorite portrait artist of British high society
- b Gay
- c stagecraft- scenic design and acting
- d decorative arts
luxurious furnishings, tapestries
- e Gainsborough painted a traditional, bright 3/4 pose
Reynolds painted more academically, used history painting and posed Mrs. Siddons in an allegorical pose, more Venetian/Baroque
5 Multiple choice questions
- small groups of miniature Baroque forms, designed to be viewed at close range
- Poussin and Rubens
5 True/False questions
he artist ________________________ is known for his oratorios. → Pepusch
_______________________ is remembered for his choral music, several oratorios, and many cantatas. → Bach
What was the effect of the French Rococo on English painting? → helped bring about 1st school of English painting since the Middle Ages that had more than local importance
a) Who was Antonio Vivaldi? (b) What great work is he most famous for? → originally trained as a priest, father was a violinist
What happened to costuming during this period? → 1710-1774