5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What happened to costuming during this period?
- Who was Thomas Gainsborough?
- he artist ________________________ is known for his oratorios.
- (a) Who was the most prolific German composer of his time? (b) Why?
- a) The Rococo flourished first and foremost in what area? (b) Describe what is meant by this term.
- a decorative arts
luxurious furnishings, tapestries
- b Handel
wrote for operas
- c authentic costumes as part of the trend toward greater realism in theater
- d the favorite portrait artist of British high society
- e Pepusch
5 Multiple choice questions
the sculpture was of Handel (composer)
he made it for the Garden where Handel often played
- fantasy, small and intimate, light-hearted, tender-minded, whimsy, nostalgia, diversion from real life, escapism to eroticism
- vandalism during the Reformation, too little demand afterwards
sculptural patronage grew- they liked sculptures in public places of the culture heros (Shakespeare)
5 True/False questions
_______________ wrote The Beggar's Opera → Gay
Describe Thomas Gainsborough's contribution to English painting. → helped bring about 1st school of English painting since the Middle Ages that had more than local importance
What were the major contributions of Rococo theater? → the favorite portrait artist of British high society
What was the effect of the French Rococo on English painting? → helped bring about 1st school of English painting since the Middle Ages that had more than local importance
How did the Rococo effect sculpture → 1710-1774