5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- interatrial septum
- interventricular septum
- fibrous pericardium
- corona =
- pulmonary circuit pump
- a tough, dense connective tissue layer protects the heart, anchors it to surrounding structures, and prevents overfilling of the heart with blood.
- b the right side of the heart. short, low-pressure circulation.
- c the internal partition that divides the heart longitudinally at the atria
- d crown
- e the internal partition that divides the heart longitudinally at the ventricles.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- returns blood from body regions inferior to the diaphragm. (lack oxygen.
- the functional blood supply of the heart, is the shortest circulation in the body.
- the medial cavity of the thorax where the heart resides.
- to pump blood from the heart.
5 True/False Questions
papillary muscles → conelike, play a role in valve function, project into the ventricular cavity.
Where is the myocardium found and what kind of tissue is it? → -The endocardium is the inner layer of the heart. It consists of epithelial tissue and connective tissue.
-Lines the inner cavities of the heart, covers heart valves and is continuous with the inner lining of blood vessels. (the inner lining of vessels are endothelial cells)
-Purkinje fibers are located in the endocardium. They participate in the contraction of the heart muscle.
Right coronary artery → runs toward the left side of the heart and then divides into its major branches.
trabeculae carneae → irregular ridges of muscle that line the internal walls of the ventricular chambers.
2 layers of te pericardium → deep to the fibrous pericardium: a thin, slippery, 2-layer serous membrane. its parietal layer lines the internal surface of the fibrous pericardium.