← Chapter 10 - Water Test
Chapter 10 - Water
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Point Source Pollution
- Stream continuum
- a the use of living organisms to detoxify and restore polluted and degraded ecosystems
- b lowland with moist soil and tall grasses
- c Blocks sunlight, stopping or reducing photosynthesis, in turn reducing oxygen and adversely effecting marine life.
- d model for classifying and describing flowing water, in addition to the classification of individual sections of waters after the occurrence of indicator organisms.
- e pollution that enters water from a known source
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- cultural eutrophication; An increase in biological productivity and ecosystem succession caused by human activities.
- The volume of water a river transports over a given amount of time.
- Treating waste-water biologically, by using microorganisms to decompose the suspended organic material; occurs after primary treatment
- Requires industries, municipalities or anyone else dumping wastes into surface waters.
- coarse or fine particulate organic matter
5 True/False Questions
Describe the stream continuum from headwaters to river mouths. → ...
Inorganic pollutants (name 3) → synthetic chemicals created for human activities; these include pesticides, solvents, industrial chemicals, and plastics
Recharge → NEW WATER that enters an aquifer from the surface
Sewage → Gooey mixture of toxic chemicals, infectious agents, and settled solids removed from wastewater at a sewage treatment plant.
Sludge → Gooey mixture of toxic chemicals, infectious agents, and settled solids removed from wastewater at a sewage treatment plant.