5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Psalm 2
- Book of the Covenant
- a the portion of the law given at Sinai after the Ten Commandments (i.e., the casuistic laws in Ex. 22-23)
- b the official name of the 10 Commandments (think Greek "ten words"...)
- c passage refering to a royal coronation; "annointed one" - messiah; "You are my son"
- d King David's worst mistake; he murders his friend Uriah for this woman because he got her pregnant
- e Which type of law (apodictic or casuistic) is primarily used in Leviticus?
5 Multiple choice questions
- ruler of Persia during Israel's exile; allows the first exiles to return to Jerusalem
- this gospel portrays Jesus as Immanuel (God with us), in body and church
- beliefs that deny official truths about Christ held by the Church; examples include Arianism, Docetism, and Pelagianism
- the idea of Roman occupation that said it would bring peace through military dominance; partially successful idea of a Roman world
- passage about repentance; create in me a clean heart; likely written by David or one of his writers
5 True/False questions
intertestamental period → time of Hasmonean Dynasty & civil war; Pompey and Rome; period of great Helenization; aka the Silent Years
Mark → this gospel portrays Jesus as one who pays for our sins with his death
N.T. Wright → who - "Jesus is raised, therefore the new Creation has begun, and we have a job to do"
Babylon → the second superpower to be in control of the Israelites; Nebuchadnezzar was King
Borg → descendant of Aaron; born/raised in Babylon; scribe; 1st rabbi; refurnished temple; money to help remnants of Jewish people; copy of Torah