← Theo FINAL Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Second Temple Judaism
- N.T. Wright
- a Judaism from 526 BC - 70 AD; time period in Jewish history after the return from exile
- b King David's worst mistake; he murders his friend Uriah for this woman because he got her pregnant
- c who - the Gospels are true, but cannot be proved; idea of virgin birth is not pre-Christian/Jewish tradition, but instead a pagan idea which would be foolish unless the idea were true
- d The first human King of Israel; rose quickly, fell quickly
- e Bonus question: what was the name of the man David murdered because David had gotten the man's wife pregnant?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- after years of physically being exiled from their homeland, the Jews find that they have trouble maintaining their connection with Yahweh (different kind of exile)
- passage about repentance; create in me a clean heart; likely written by David or one of his writers
- Leviticus 25; Debts cancelled; slaves realesed; and returned to orginal owners; 50th Year; Purpose- Help poor; stablize Society.
- prophet shortly after the kingdom divides; writes about Jerusalem and their exile from the holy land
- the process by which the Canon of the Bible developed: (1) Use by a community, (2) Quotation in ancient authority, (3) Apostolic origin, and (4) "rule of faith"
5 True/False Questions
exegesis → an explanation or critical interpretation (especially of the Bible)
Dei Verbum → who - Bible=God's word, but must discern writer's original intent
Jeremiah 31:31-33 → passage about Israel's hope for the future in a New Covenant
casuistic → conditional law concerning crime and punishment
Ezra → 1st 5 books of OT; Hebrew "instruction"/"teaching"; traditionally from Moses